Author Topic: Any Original Cast Members Speaking About the New Film?  (Read 1997 times)

Offline Barnababy

• Junior Poster
  • Batty for Collinwood
    • View Profile
Any Original Cast Members Speaking About the New Film?
« on: March 18, 2012, 09:09:12 AM »
Or are they waiting till they see it?  Did any do cameos?  I am particularly interested to learn what Denise Nickerson thinks of the Burton/Depp takes on two classics in which she was involved.

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Any Original Cast Members Speaking About the New Film?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2012, 09:13:18 AM »
Jonathan Frid, Kathryn Leigh Scott, David Selby, and Lara Parker all did cameos.  The two ladies have commented on the project in general terms at various events; everything they had to say was positive - though they mostly focused on their visit to the set.  None have spoken recently, however.   

Offline Barnababy

• Junior Poster
  • Batty for Collinwood
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2012, 09:39:55 AM »
Thanks, cousin, we must be related!  I was just on Facebook and saw about Jonathan being in it; did not know about the others.

David

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 12:53:49 AM »
Selby just posted on his Facebook & Twitter pages that the film has enough creepiness to satisfy the old school fans--he said Warner Bros had to release a trailer that had general appeal.

Offline Brandon Collins

• Senior Poster
  • You have a secret, Mr. Collins.
    • View Profile
    • The Rebel
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2012, 01:33:10 AM »
Nancy had posted in the main topic about the film that Frid was going to watch the trailer at some point within the last few days. I have yet to hear anything about his thoughts, but I would be very interested in them.
Brandon Collins

http://rebellionbegins.blogspot.com

Twitter: @AwesomeBran

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2012, 01:42:39 AM »
As would I, Cousin Brandon!  Let's hope we hear something soon.   [snow_smiley]

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2012, 01:50:54 AM »
over the weekend KLS's personal FB page was flooded with remarks. mostly negative of course but it being the page of a DS castmember people less hysterical than what one saw elsewhere.

ever the diplomat(remember she's got books to sell)she replied that the film "looked great" and should offer something for fans new and old.

or something of that nature. [snow_rolleyes]

kathy cody has been less complimentary.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline tragic bat

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2012, 03:25:48 AM »
I would hope that they do have enough wisdom to withhold judgement untill they've actually seen the film.  One thinks of Anne Rice making a big public fuss over the casting of Tom Cruise in Interview With the Vampire, only to retract her statements after she saw the final film and how good it was.   If people actually pay attention and remember what you've said, it's easy to make a fool of yourself.

Burton's Willy Wonka was based on the original book, not the earlier film. 
“You could have devoted your life to a serious study of the occult instead of just being some freak who can tell the future!”--RT 1970 Roxanne.

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
  • Only my freckles hold me together.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2012, 02:07:59 PM »
JF saw it once but needed to see it again at some point.   I think the whole thing was too fast and scattered to make an immediate impression.  I don't have his response yet.

Nancy

Nancy had posted in the main topic about the film that Frid was going to watch the trailer at some point within the last few days. I have yet to hear anything about his thoughts, but I would be very interested in them.

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
  • Even the name reeks of Ohrbach's!
    • View Profile
    • Criseyde's David Selby Site
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2012, 06:05:10 AM »
Selby just posted on his Facebook & Twitter pages that the film has enough creepiness to satisfy the old school fans--he said Warner Bros had to release a trailer that had general appeal.
I'm not quite sure where you're seeing such a statement directly from him. He hasn't commented since the trailer was released, though his Facebook and Twitter pages have reposted comments from other sources.

Dark Shadows Alumni Movies (Includes a DS News page.)

Offline Barnababy

• Junior Poster
  • Batty for Collinwood
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2012, 05:39:03 AM »
I'm not quite sure where you're seeing such a statement directly from him. He hasn't commented since the trailer was released, though his Facebook and Twitter pages have reposted comments from other sources.

That wasn't from David Selby, it was from the brother of Chloe Moretz, who plays Carolyn Stoddard.

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
  • Even the name reeks of Ohrbach's!
    • View Profile
    • Criseyde's David Selby Site
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2012, 04:50:17 AM »
For those of you looking for cast quotes following the release of the trailer, here's a very brief interview with David Selby on the red carpet last week at the launch party for Television: Out of the Box at the Paley Center in Los Angeles:

http://www.ksitetv.com/interviews-2/tv-out-of-the-box-interview-david-selby-talks-falcon-crest-dark-shadows-more/13477

Dark Shadows Alumni Movies (Includes a DS News page.)

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
  • Only my freckles hold me together.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2012, 03:16:03 PM »
Jonathan Frid doesn't remember much about the work he did on the film.  That's just due to memory issues and not indicative of the cameo work.

Nancy