Author Topic: Well, I FINALLY watched two more episodes (#62-63)!!  (Read 1285 times)

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
Well, I FINALLY watched two more episodes (#62-63)!!
« on: July 09, 2004, 05:32:52 AM »
Here are my thoughts.....

What stuck out in my mind is how guilty Roger looks.  It sure seems like he killed Bill Malloy!!  ::)

Vicki was really spunky.  She sure did wimp out later on in the show!!  It's too bad she didn't keep that "edge" to her as the show went on.  ::)

It is interesting to me that Carolyn and Joe started out as boyfriend and girlfriend when DS began because....
[spoiler]Later on in the show, it was revealed that Joe and Chris/Amy are cousins, and Quentin is their great-grandfather.  Quentin is Carolyn's great-uncle, so Joe and Carolyn are distant cousins!![/spoiler]

One last observation...Episode #63 marks the first time that Maggie visited Collinwood, and she even dressed up for the occasion!! :) She would soon be spending lots of time there and have many scary adventures!!   :o

Until next time...

----- Sally -----  8)
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline ProfStokes

• * Ingenious Intellect *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Well, I FINALLY watched two more episodes (#62-63)!!
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2004, 05:56:07 AM »
It is interesting to me that Carolyn and Joe started out as boyfriend and girlfriend when DS began because....
[spoiler]Later on in the show, it was revealed that Joe and Chris/Amy are cousins, and Quentin is their great-grandfather.  Quentin is Carolyn's great-uncle, so Joe and Carolyn are distant cousins!![/spoiler]

Evidently the Collinses don't mind being a very close family.

[spoiler]In 1968, Chris and Carolyn dated, and they're even more closely related than her and Joe.

Also, Laura is not only David's mother, but his great-grandmother![/spoiler]

Don't forget, Joshua tried to fix up Jeremiah with Cousin Millicent early in the 1795 storyline.

ProfStokes

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2004, 06:05:58 AM »

Hi, Sally!

I think there are a number of ways that Joe could be related to the Jennings family without his having a drop of Collins blood in him.  One possibility is that Lenore's son-in-law, a Jennings, was Joe's uncle on his mother's side, which would have made Chris and Joe first cousins.

Offline Devlin66

• Full Poster
  • Devlin For President in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Burke Devlins Yahoo 360
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2004, 05:19:56 PM »
 8)  Well, maybe Roger was right when he went to visit the Collins Mausoleum......." to visit my incestors"
" When I gave Davey Collins the crystal ball I hoped he would see that I was his real father, and not that abusive Roger Collins!

Only Laura knows the truth regarding Davids paternity, and i am sure she remembers the back seat of that car Roger crashed.

Offline Misa

• Full Poster
  • Is that you, Mr. Juggins?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2004, 06:56:18 PM »
Joe and Carolyn aren't related. Joe is related to Chris and Amy on the other side of their family. And I Chris relationship isn't that close; their greatgrandfathers were brothers.

Jamison and Lenore would be first cousins, Elizabeth and Lenore's daughter would be second cousins, so Chris and Carolyn would be third cousins. At this distance it is legal to marry.

Misa

Offline Miss_Winthrop

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2004, 02:44:45 AM »
It was much more common in England for 2nd cousins to marry and have children. I don't think taht it was every legal in the U.S.  I'm not sure but I think that it's legal to marry a cousin twice removed in this country.
One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.
~Virginia Woolf

Offline victoriawinters

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • Total ENFJ Geek!
    • View Profile
    • victoriawinters.net
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2004, 10:40:29 AM »
It was much more common in England for 2nd cousins to marry and have children. I don't think taht it was every legal in the U.S.  I'm not sure but I think that it's legal to marry a cousin twice removed in this country.

Well shoot. All ya all didn't  know we married up with our first cousin's roun' these here parts?  Ain't ya all hurd of kissin' cousins?  Sure 'nuf all kinds of cousins can and have married up.  FDR and his Mrs. were second cousins sure 'nuf.  Then that smart guy Albert Einstein married up with his first cousin.  Not all these parts ban us cousins a marrying up.  Heck you'd be surprised at the 'mount of damn yankees a marrying their cousins.

Don't forget all ya all to kiss your cousin today. ;)

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2004, 02:57:50 PM »
VictoriaWinters...lololololol!!!!!!!

ha ha ha ha ;D ;D ;D ha ha ha
Patti
What a Woman!

Offline ProfStokes

• * Ingenious Intellect *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2004, 06:25:15 PM »
As I understand it, wealthy families would often arrange marriages between cousins in order to keep land and money within the family. 

ProfStokes