Author Topic: Sarahs Warning to David  (Read 1261 times)

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Sarahs Warning to David
« on: March 15, 2002, 05:34:41 PM »
Who was she referring to in the second to last episode prior to 1795 when she talls David that "the dead are angry and have come back and there's someone in this house they want to destroy"?

Was this a warning about the upcoming appearance of Angelique in town to destroy Barnabas?  They never really resolved this.

Offline AllenCollins

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Sarahs Warning to David
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2002, 06:41:13 PM »
Joyetrom,
I thought she was refering to Barnabas in 1967 and the way he was treating Carolyn, Vicki & David.

Anyone else have any ideas?

B
Do you ever feel like lifes a tuxedo and your the pair of brown shoes? - George Gobel

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2002, 07:16:05 PM »
I agree AllenCollins: Sarah's warning to David was exactly that...a direct reference to David himself being in danger from Barnabas.
Raineypark
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2002, 09:44:01 PM »
<<I agree AllenCollins: Sarah's warning to David was exactly that...a direct reference to David himself being in danger from Barnabas.  Raineypark  >>

David asked Sarah if it was he the dead were after and she said it wasn't.

Joey

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2002, 11:14:04 PM »
Okay, I must have been out of the room for THAT line....!

So what the heck was she talking about?  Which Dead?  Jason MacGuire?  Right at that point in the storyline, who else is dead?  Not even Barnabas, really....he's the Undead, right?

She can't be talking about all those near-and-dear departed from 1795.....after all, Vicky goes back in time, they don't come forward.

Actually, Sarah's the only ghost on the scene.....and I don't think she's talking about herself.

I give up.  Maybe that scene was running short and they needed an additional line of dialogue to make it time out properly.  Sometimes we don't give the writers on this show enough credit...and sometimes we give they waaayyyyy too much!!

Raineypark
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Bette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • Quentin, you have no future.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2002, 12:01:42 AM »
I always assumed that Sarah was talking about Barnabas as the dead, and that it was Julia that he was angry with and trying to destroy. After all, Sarah had just saved Julia from being strangled (yet again!) by B. After all, Barn really is one of the dead who has come back. To me, this is the beginning of the writers building up sympathy for Julia and turning her into "good" Julia instead of "bad" Julia, since it seemed obvious by then that Julia Hoffman was becoming too popular a character to kill off as originally planned.  :D

Bette
Life works if you let it

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2002, 05:42:55 AM »
Who was she referring to in the second to last episode prior to 1795 when she talls David that "the dead are angry and have come back and there's someone in this house they want to destroy"?

Was this a warning about the upcoming appearance of Angelique in town to destroy Barnabas?  They never really resolved this.

I'm inclined to see it like this:

the dead=Barnabas
destroyee=Julia or Vicki

As for Angelique, my understanding is she would not have come to the present (1967/68), but having discovered that Vicki came from the future (Vicki's present) and that Barnabas was alive and well and having "escaped", that all changed . . .

Luciaphil
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2002, 11:13:43 PM »
I think you are right Joey and they just forgot about it
these seems to happen a lot with the writers that were
trying to crank out a script very quickly that was growing in popularity every week!!

jennifer
also i have a question about time travel are there two pasts one that Vicki wasn't part of and one she was
and is is that why Barnabas didn't recognize her when he firt was released or is there only one past the changed one?
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2002, 12:44:17 AM »
also i have a question about time travel are there two pasts one that Vicki wasn't part of and one she was
and is is that why Barnabas didn't recognize her when he firt was released or is there only one past the changed one?

I believe that Vicki wasn't in the original past, which makes it fun to speculate if Angelique made Phyllis Wick her patsy the first time around.

Offline Josette

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2002, 08:26:59 AM »
I believe Barnabas recognized Phyllis Wick when she appeared at the seance, which would certainly indicate that she was the one he knew originally.  

And, I believe something will be learned when this is over that will indicate that Phyllis was charged as a witch instead of Vicki.  

However, since she wouldn't have had all the strange things about her that made Vicki suspicious to some of them, I can't imagine why they latched on to her.  Perhaps just because she was new, or maybe Angelque did some things on the order of what she's doing to Vicki now, that made her seem a likely candidate.
Josette