Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0667  (Read 649 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0667
« on: March 26, 2014, 05:28:38 PM »
Robservations #667

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0667

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 07:35:34 AM »
Welcome back, 1969.  Barnabas as a full-blooded human can still send heartbeat signals to Willie.  Nice reunion of the little Old House fambly.  The details of this crazy time trip are best not dwelt on, I guess.  Dan Curtis has been directing lately.  I wonder if he thought Barnabas's coffin was a time machine or something, or if he just made it up himself on the spot, expecting no one to notice.

Amy asks to come along when Carolyn says she's going to put flowers on Liz's grave.  Along the way, Carolyn forgets Mother has her own crypt, and instead goes to the Mausoleum of her ancestors, and puts Elisabeth's flowers on Sarah's casket.  B&J and Willie are hiding in the secret room, though it might have been faster and better to close the secret door with them on the public side of it.  If we're supposed to believe that Liz is there, anyway.  The three of them get to mourn, too.  Amy sees the door close as they hide. Carolyn doesn't, and pooh poohs Amy's eyewitness on-the-spot account. 

David twists Amy's arm for disobedience to Quentin, Carolyn sees and punishes, then Barnabas catches him vowing revenge on Carolyn, but says nothing about it.  Dan Curtis has been directing these ep's hiumself lately.  Maybe that explains the crypt mix-up.  Back to copyright 1968.  Sproat wrote.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2014, 04:16:10 PM »
Willie brings a bag of tools to the mausoleum, but in her excitement Julia has forgotten her medical bag and has to listen for Barn's heartbeat without a stethoscope. Barnabas revives. He is weak at first but slowly regains his strength as the sweet morning air fills his lungs. Julia tells him it’s all due to Willie. Clutching his hand, Julia tells him, I'd given up all hope when you didn't come back last night. Still excited about it, Willie explains about seeing Josette, then hearing the heartbeat as he had before. I knew you'd be here! he winds up. Everything will be all right, Barnabas assures them. Julia encourages him to rest for a while.

Maybe DC thought that Barn's coffin was a TARDIS.

Barn needs Willie's help when our trio has to hurry back into the secret room so that Carolyn and Amy won't see them. Carolyn leaves her roses on Sarah's grave, and they leave at last. [But wait! I thought she was going to leave them on her mother’s coffin!]

After Carolyn and Amy have gone, Willie tells Barnabas, You'll have to do something about that kid's curiosity sooner or later--it could be dangerous. As they leave, Willie wipes the sweat from his forehead.

David twists Amy's arm, but she still defends him to Carolyn. Poor little tykes. Carolyn takes her role as head of the family very seriously and gives David a real dressing-down. He tries to make excuses, but clearly she doesn't believe him, as well she shouldn't. After she leaves, he is practically breathless with fury.

Much later, after dark, Amy goes to David's room, bringing a lighted candle with her. She calls to him softly, and he calls back. She enters the room to find David sulking in a big chair. I'm glad you came, he tells her. His voice is very adult; apparently he is possessed again. No one saw me, she assures him. He tells her, I’ve decided what we're going to do. We're going to play the game--really play it. And this time, he adds with an evil smile, Carolyn is going to play the game with us.…...

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2014, 04:19:18 PM »
The writers should have come up with the idea of a magical traveling time coffin instead of all the convoluted ways they did travel time. I think David is at his most scariest when he manhandles Amy and wants to play with Carolyn.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2014, 07:23:24 PM »
Taken out of context, this screen capture -

- so does not look like what's really happening in the moment!!  [lghy]  [naughty]  And that's why it has also just been posted to both the "Caption This! - The Werewolf-Quentin's Ghost" and the "Complete This Phrase / Fill In The Blank(s) - The Werewolf-Quentin's Ghost" boards.  [wink2]