Author Topic: Have a Seat, Morticia!  (Read 1077 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Have a Seat, Morticia!
« on: March 21, 2007, 09:53:22 PM »
In yet more evidence that we never know where a DS reference is likely to pop up, check out this article from the New York Observer: Have a Seat, Morticia!

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Re: Have a Seat, Morticia!
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2007, 10:07:39 PM »
Divine, Darling!

G.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2007, 01:23:39 AM »
I thought we were welcoming a new member, "Morticia", which will be a great name once someone snaps it up, then I'll snap her up.   I've always wanted a Morticia to trick-ot-treat with.   Anyhoo, it's hard to read because my accessibility features have a fit with the font, but the writer seems to miss romanticism.   I agree.    We certainly got the crappy end of this century.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2007, 02:49:40 AM »
We certainly got the crappy end of this century.
Hmph.  Go read Miniver Cheevy, Magnus.  I've been thinking about him recently, ever since your Richard Cory caption took me straight back to highschool.

I want that chair.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2007, 07:02:31 AM »
Hmph.  Go read Miniver Cheevy, Magnus.  I've been thinking about him recently, ever since your Richard Cory caption took me straight back to highschool.

Okay in reply to the harumphing... M Cheevy didn't get perterbed when he (he, right?) got Googled by me.     I don't go in for cliche silly romanticism.    I hate it.     I have my own version and it's more of a feeling than anything based on quasi-historical fluff.    It isn't necessarily even connected to the past, not even a past that only existed in fanciful self-indulgent stories.     The century I referred to was the 21st.    I know it's stupid wishful thinking, but I was complaining about our end of the 21st century, as if the opposite end would just about have to be better than this.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2007, 07:06:15 AM »
Oh, and... Morticia's chair?!  I have one in my living room, over my left shoulder as we (I) speak.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2007, 02:27:36 PM »
Your optimism is heartening, Magnus.  And I think that harumphing is throatier than hmphing.  I listened to Jonathan Frid's reading of The Cask of Amontillado just the other day, and I'd say he's a master harumpher.

You've got a ten-foot high chair in your living room?  The only place it would fit in my house would be on the stairs.  I want it anyway.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2007, 02:56:10 PM »
I'll have to break out my extensive array of Addams Family videotapes, Lydia, to confirm the size of Morticia's chair, which must be reproduced via my living room or else I shall go all goony or something or other.   Should Morticia find herself w/o a nice big old Morticia chair, if she happens by....well, I imagine that she would adjust somehow but it might turn out to be moderately disappointing.   I might be over-emphasizing the chair factor.