Author Topic: Jonathan Frid Bloopers  (Read 2724 times)

Offline Tanis

• Full Poster
  • I Love Dark Shadows
    • View Profile
Jonathan Frid Bloopers
« on: June 01, 2004, 11:37:57 PM »

What were some of Jonathan Frid's  funniest bloopers?
There are no strangers, only friends we've yet to meet.

Offline TERRY308

• Senior Poster
  • The real Mrs. Collins.
    • View Profile
Re: Jonathan Frid Bloopers
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2004, 05:12:16 PM »
The funniest "blopper" I've ever seen him in, was when he was in 1895(?), the show had just went off and we see the foyer.  All at once, here come Jonathan Frid, carrying his "street" clothes.  He see's he's on camera, and he make a quick get away.   Funny stuff.
Cassandra:  I have a potion.  You know it well.  As soon as she drinks it, within an hour, she will go to sleep and have the dream.
Nicholas:  I am much to talented to spend my time drugging drinks.

Offline Devlin66

• Full Poster
  • Devlin For President in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Burke Devlins Yahoo 360
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2004, 06:56:05 PM »
ok the one i really hoot over is when he picks up the rifle and holds adam at bay while trying to tell Julia to go and get some help......he stumbles over 3 or 4 other names before he locks on Julia......then after Julia leaves, adam and barnabas fight and the rifle barn has gets the barrel knocked off of it......just funny stuff :o
" When I gave Davey Collins the crystal ball I hoped he would see that I was his real father, and not that abusive Roger Collins!

Only Laura knows the truth regarding Davids paternity, and i am sure she remembers the back seat of that car Roger crashed.

Offline ProfStokes

• * Ingenious Intellect *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2004, 08:39:54 PM »
In 1897, he mentions, "My cousin Uncle Jeremiah."

Also, toward the end of the Adam storyline, as Barnabas and Julia are standing at the door to the basement calling to Adam, Frid picks his nose.

ProfStokes

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2004, 09:15:41 PM »
Julia is frantically trying to contact the police.  From the other side of the door, Barnabas calls out to her, "Julia, remember... someone!"  Dr. Lang (who shouldn't know anything about Dave's murder) supplies the name "Dave Woodard," and Barnabas exclaims, "Yes!  Remember Dave Woodard!"

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2004, 09:46:15 PM »
And of course, the ever-popular:

"tonight must go nothing wrong!"

:D
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2004, 10:04:56 PM »
Another one is when he comes to Julia's room with the intent to do her in.  She waits in a chair in the darkened room and confronts him.  The scene is building to a suspenseful climax when he grabs her by the throat and is to to say:  "I'm going to kill you!"  But somehow, he forgot the "kill you" and paused.  It came out:  "I'm going to...............................................................................................................................kill you!"  And when he said the last two words, it sounded like he just figured out, after a great deal of mental struggling, the answer to a $100,000 Pyramid question just under the buzzer.

Gerard

Offline Cassandra

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2004, 06:42:12 AM »
One that comes to mind is during the 1897 storyline when Quentin was roaming all around the house in his "zombie state."  Barnabas is standing in the Foyer with Judith, Rachel & Carl and tells Carl to stay with the women while he goes to the old house. (He was suppose to collect some special herbs from Magda to undo the spell)  While telling them this he obviously forgets the names of the herbs and says something like, "Im going to the old house to get the, the, um, uh, the things Magda will need."

Another one I can recall is during 1795 when Ben first discovers Barnabas' vampire secret.  While talking in the Masoleum they hear someone approaching. (Joshua)  Barnabas then rushes to go into the secret room and tells Ben " if anyone asks for me.............. no one must know Im here." 

Cassandra
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Connie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2004, 08:08:31 AM »
I can't remember who he's talking to (probably Julia or Willie or both) and I can't remember which storyline or what's going on, BUT there's this scene where Barnabas says something about the tools needed to destroy someone - obviously some vampire.  Instead of saying they need a stake and a mallet, he says, "...a hatchet and a mallet."  ROFL    Huh??

PS  Where's the additional smiley thing?  I wanted to use that one with the one smiley hitting the other one over the head with the mallet.  Are they all gone???   :'(

Jeez....everything looks all different on here.
Blank space
                                Your Ad Here   ---->>

ClaudeNorth

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2004, 08:20:41 AM »
One that comes to mind is during the 1897 storyline when Quentin was roaming all around the house in his "zombie state."  Barnabas is standing in the Foyer with Judith, Rachel & Carl and tells Carl to stay with the women while he goes to the old house. (He was suppose to collect some special herbs from Magda to undo the spell)  While telling them this he obviously forgets the names of the herbs and says something like, "Im going to the old house to get the, the, um, uh, the things Magda will need."

If you watch KLS in that scene, you will see that she starts to laugh when Frid goes up on his line, and covers her mouth with her hand to conceal it.

A few that I always enjoy:

To Willie, who refuses to allow Dr. Woodard to take a sample of his blood:  "Now, unbeknownst to you, you may have some very...........tragic.............malady."

To Willie, who has Maggie locked up in the mausoleum:  "Tell her anything...just...keep it down."

And, of course, the scene between Barnabas and Dr. Woodard in which Frid simply stops speaking, even though he still has several lines left in his speech.  That moment of silence seems to go on forever, and I can only imagine the pure panic that Frid must have been feeling. 

Offline tripwire

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2004, 09:26:07 PM »
Speaking of bloopers, i found one the other day that i had never noticed.. When Quentin breaks out of jail, and returns to Collinwood , with that play doh face(some of it looks like is hanging from his hair) he talks with Judith for a bit, then the Reverend comes running down the stairs and runs him out...Well, if you notice when Trask hits the bottom of the steps and reaches the entrance to the house, its like he hits a patch of ice, he slides about 2 feet, and its a wonder he is able to stay on his feet...Its not an obvious blooper, but i like discovering these subtle ones.....(about the same time, did you also think that it was strange that no one could recognize Quentin, even with messed up face)??
its a sudden death that i know, my father wrote me to say that, my cousin, uncle jeremiah was, was very disturbed.

Offline Sandor

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2004, 11:44:47 PM »
There's a great Frid blooper in the episode where Elizabeth has summoned Maggie Evans to Collinwood as the new governess. It's a scene in the Drawing Room, where Joe and Maggie are seated, listening to Barnabas relate how Vicki disappeared into the past with Peter Bradford. Frid must have forgotten a nice chunk of dialogue, as there is this awkward silence after a few bungled lines, and then (mercifully) KLS lets out a sigh, and nonchalantly changes the subject - as if disappearing governesses are just another drop in the bucket. 

Offline Nelson Collins

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2004, 05:25:54 PM »
There's a great Frid blooper in the episode where Elizabeth has summoned Maggie Evans to Collinwood as the new governess.

Apologies for the "off topicness" but what exactly were Maggies qualifications for governess?
There's not a man on my ottoman, there hasn't been one in weeks.
There's not a man on my ottoman, he's gone off to fight the Greeks.

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2004, 06:14:02 PM »
Apologies for the "off topicness" but what exactly were Maggies qualifications for governess?

"She had style,  she had flair, she was THERE......
That's how she became the Nanny!"

....with apologies.
 ;)
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2004, 04:23:29 PM »

i don't know what maggie's qualifications were but the producers must have loved the "bargain" they were getting with this bit of casting.they could replace vicki without having to hire a new actress, with kls they got two roles for the price of one. ;)
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.