Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1102  (Read 724 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1102
« on: November 10, 2010, 12:58:02 AM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #1102
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2010, 10:06:52 AM »
Daphne did another flipflop as she came back to her original idea: not bringing Gerard to life was worse than bringing Gerard to life.  Dark Shadows being what it is, if she and Tad are successful in their efforts, we'll decide her final conclusion was wrong.  She's trying to do the right thing, though.  How did her afterlife get tangled up with Gerard's?

I don't think we've previously seen the soporific vampire power, have we?  No doubt Barnabas could put anybody to sleep by meandering on about Josette, but that's a different sort of power.

I watched Quentin as he helped Maggie back to bed and put the covers over her.  There was caring there, but not the romantic love that I saw in PT Quentin for PT Maggie.  Interesting.  I always wonder what I'm seeing or not seeing when I think about these things.  Long looks, maybe?

I had a strange feeling when I watched Quentin and Daphne together at Rose Cottage today.  Before, it was Quentin and Beth, and now it's Quentin and Daphne.  I can't make my thought any clearer, because it doesn't really make sense.  So I'll mention something that occurs to me every time there's a closeup of Gerard: he'll never be as good a ghost as Quentin was, because Quentin had nicer skin.

We haven't seen many of the old familiar props lately, so I was pleased to see the Delft tile fireplace in David's room at Windcliff.  Was that the bedroom over the antique shop that they were using for him?  It seemed a lot homier than Maggie's room at Windcliff was, back in 1967.  And was picture outside David's room the picture that was in Maggie's bedroom in the Evans Cottage in 1967?

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2010, 12:05:26 AM »
If we'd had more moments such as the one where Barnabas watched over Maggie and pondered on the suffering he'd caused, my opinion of Barnabas might not be in free-fall, as it seems to be these days.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2010, 08:18:20 AM »
I was sort of put off by Barnabas's pondering.  He's seen the victims of other vampires before, and not had these thoughts.  It seemed to me that it just about took a nuclear bomb to make him get a very simple point.