Author Topic: vicki and jeff.the end  (Read 2491 times)

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
Re: vicki and jeff.the end
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2008, 09:44:36 PM »
back when i was watching 1970 parallel-time i waxed rhapsodic about the possibilities of a not-so-nice victoria at the center of the proceedings.

vain,pleasure-seeking,cruel,clad not in boxy dacron ohrbachs but draped with gems and exquisite couture...ooh la la!

but 'twas not to be and i digress.back to 1968 i just wonder if jeff's departure was done deal from the get-go,a character with a limited shelf life,or if his abrupt disappearance was triggered by all the cast changes and the storyline shift.

the reason i said one can "assume" that had alexandra not left than the character vicki would not have been sent back in time is that she left abruptly mid-contract.so had that not transpired one can assume that the character would have stuck around to endure more suffering.she was so good at it. [ghost_rolleyes]
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline quentincollins

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2008, 10:00:59 PM »
If you can find them, I totally recommend Dale Clark's excellent DS fan novels. One of them features an evil Vicki, complete with a glamorous Vicki photomanip all decked out in jewles on the cover. It would have been nice to see Vicki in glam wear. She was lovely but her clothes were often pretty frumpy, which suited her character as the orphan governess.
It's fun to speculate about the characters AM could have done in other times. What kind of characters could she have played in 1897 and 1840? I can imagine she probably would have done Rachel predictably, while KLS did Kitty for the whole story, but it would be fun to imagine AM as a gypsy too. Perhaps AM could have played Roxanne in 1840. If AM had stayed around they may have never brought Roxanne on as the new love intrest. And of course Maggie wouldn't have been the new governess.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2008, 10:49:28 PM »
I always wanted to get them.  I took for granted that fanzines would always be around.
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline quentincollins

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2008, 02:08:41 AM »
If you email me off-list at slayer@junct.com I'll forward your request to Dale, I actually have his email address, and I think he still has them available. There are 7 books all togather and they make a great read, I highly recommend them. It's the best DS fan fiction I've ever read. He uses all the characters well, with lots of action and deep plots and character development. It really reads like a very satisfying continuation of the series.