Author Topic: O/T....Can't get away even for a night on the town!!  (Read 3397 times)

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
O/T....Can't get away even for a night on the town!!
« on: October 06, 2002, 07:22:14 AM »
So there we were, making our way down 47th St....trying to get to Radio City before the Moody Blues took the stage....when up ahead I see a large yellow sign all lit up, advertising a local eatery by the name of...

MAGGIE'S PLACE

...so naturally I crack up laughing, prompting my husband to demand what's so g-d damned funny about being stuck in traffic....which makes me laugh harder!

Yes, the concert was wonderful....no, we didn't stop at Maggie's Place. [lghy]

Rainey
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: O/T....Can't get away even for a night on the town!!
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2002, 07:52:36 AM »
Yes, the concert was wonderful

Well, I'm jealous. Nights In White Satin, Tuesday Afternoon, I'm Just A Singer (In A Rock And Roll Band), Your Wildest Dreams, The Voice, and I Know You're Out There Somewhere are all big favorites of mine. And don't even get me started talking about Days of Future Past - I completely wore out my first copy of that LP and had to replace it. :D

I didn't even realize they were touring. But then, with that chain, I don't get out much. [wink2]

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2002, 08:01:39 AM »
So, exactly what am I supposed to apologize for...GOING to the concert?...or MENTIONING the concert?

Well, I'm jealous. Nights In White Satin, Tuesday Afternoon, I'm Just A Singer (In A Rock And Roll Band), Your Wildest Dreams, The Voice, and I Know You're Out There Somewhere are all big favorites of mine.

And they played every one of those songs...except maybe The Voice....not sure about that...we DID get there a bit late.

I didn't even realize they were touring. But then, with that chain, I don't get out much. [wink2]

The Husband heard about it and decided to buy the tickets as a surprise for The Kid who has never been to a concert (and LOVES the Moody Blues)....so what happens?.....The Kid gets sick and stays home while WE go to the concert without her.  It put a bit of a pall over the whole event.

Rainey
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Connie

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2002, 08:13:27 AM »
Breathe deep, the gathering gloom
Watch lights fade from every room...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2002, 08:24:52 AM »
So, exactly what am I supposed to apologize for...GOING to the concert?...or MENTIONING the concert?

Only for the chain. [wink2]

Offline Cassandra

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2002, 09:56:08 AM »
Hey Rainey, lucky you!  I love the MB's and have most of their tapes & CD's.[thumb]  So many great songs too! Glad you enjoyed it!

That's funny about "Maggie's Place"  it's like you can't get away from DS even if you wanted to! ;-)
"Calamity Jane"

Connie

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2002, 10:11:07 AM »

Well, since Rainey went to see the Moody Blues, it reminded me of this little thing I did awhile back.  It's not funny or anything...I just took the ending words from Nights In White Satin having to do with the moon, and put them with Quentin.

Illusion

-CLC  ;)

Offline ROBINV

• ** Robservationist **
  • Senior Poster
  • The Write Stuff
    • View Profile
    • Personal site of Robin Vogel
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2002, 02:27:47 PM »
Big Moody Blues fan here, too from teenagerhood.  "A new mother picks up and suckles her son"--one of the lines that always gave me chills!

One of their songs, "For My Lady," always makes me think of Barnabas and Josette.  So pretty.

Connie, that was perfect!  You do such a great job on your little gifts to us.  

When down in Atlantic City recently, I saw a store sign that said "Robina's."  Wonder what she sells?)  Those who have read my DS novel of that name know why *I* started laughing in the middle of the boardwalk, and when my husband asked why, I said, "Nothing, Dan.  DARK SHADOWS just follows me everywhere, that's all."

Love, Robin

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2002, 05:25:18 PM »
Only for the chain. [wink2]

Okay, I apologize for the chain.

Next time I'll remember the deluxe leather manacles.

Rainey [smrtasy]
Dylan Thomas

Offline Craig_Slocum

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Cute Craig
    • View Profile
    • Cheryl's Dark Shadows
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2002, 07:28:47 PM »

I like "Twilight Time", from Days Of Future Passed, and one of their 80's songs, called "Gemini Dreams", at least I think that's the name of it, not going to look through a million cd's to find it.
Cheryl,

Craig Slocum's #1 Fan

Offline Craig_Slocum

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Cute Craig
    • View Profile
    • Cheryl's Dark Shadows
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2002, 08:57:57 PM »
That's funny about "Maggie's Place"  it's like you can't get away from DS even if you wanted to! ;-)

While out driving at night with a friend in California, we passed a place called Noah's Bagels, and he says, "Oh look, there's Noah Gifford's Bagels!" Not long after that, we saw a place called Harry's Automotive, then he says, "Well, at least we know now that something productive became of Harry Johnson!" It was so funny! Whenever I see the Howard Johnson Inn here in Las Vegas, I always think of Harry Johnson. There's also a street here named Craig Road. I love that! Also, Stephanie Street, my daughter loves that one!
Cheryl,

Craig Slocum's #1 Fan

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2002, 10:57:27 PM »
Next time I'll remember the deluxe leather manacles.

Oooooooo, kinky. :-*

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2002, 11:34:01 PM »
Oooooooo, kinky. :-*

Yes, dear.....you certainly are! ;)

She-who-must-be-obeyed [vryevl]
Dylan Thomas

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2002, 02:50:29 AM »
Yes, the concert was wonderful....no, we didn't stop at Maggie's Place. [lghy]

Raineypark, glad you enjoyed the concert.  I rarely get to see DS connections in real life, which makes them all the more special.

But speaking of DS connections, did it occur to you that the group's initials are MB?  Heheh, talk about an omen. ;)

Hey, "Maggie's Place" could be sung to the tune of "Mary's Place" from The Rising.  (Bruce was so great on SNL last nite; Teresa, where the heck are you??!!)

Well, since Rainey went to see the Moody Blues, it reminded me of this little thing I did awhile back.  It's not funny or anything...I just took the ending words from Nights In White Satin having to do with the moon, and put them with Quentin.

Illusion

Thanks for sharing that, Connie! ... I love the Moodies, I adore Quentin (gee, whotta surprise), and I've been endlessly fascinated by the moon since childhood.  So that was PERFECTION to me. :D

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2002, 03:12:43 AM »
Also big Moody Blues fan from way back! from "go now" on...
so long
jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV