Author Topic: Suki Madness!!!  (Read 1632 times)

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Suki Madness!!!
« on: March 29, 2002, 10:35:45 PM »
My boss was telling me today about March madness, an obscure festival involving some cult that revolves around two sacred symbols, a rubber ball and a hoop hung high, no doubt to symbolize the fact that the sun is rising earlier and earlier each day and the Wheel of the Year (represented by the ball) is turning brighter and brighter.  Yeah, that must be it.

Anyhow, thanks to the Mysterious B for today's montage and the alert that SUKI madness has come to Collinwood!  Suki's ensemble, especially with that chapeau, is very Mae West and Belle of the Nineties, isn't it?  Boy, how I am looking forward to the Fashion Notes from today.  Miz Luciaphil, if you please!

Let's imagine one liners that could happen in Suki's chat with Millicent:

"Goodness, what lovely false eyelashes."

"Goodness had NUTHIN' ta do with it, HONEY.  Ever hear of WOOLWORTH'S?"

"You must excuse Nathan, he's been working very hard these days."

"Funny, when I knew Nathan, if there was something HARD about him, it didn't involve WORK."

"You know, Miss Forbes, I do hope my homemaking skills are sufficient for your brother, I know what HIGH standards he has!"

"Honey, it's not HOMEMAKING he wants, it's MAKING HO!!!"

(Millicent conveniently faints at this point)

Oh dear ... I'm afraid I've shockingly lowered the tone of this board ... I'm afraid I see Midnite with a large HOOK glowering at me in the wings!!!

Steve

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Suki Madness!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2002, 10:45:07 PM »
Oh dear ... I'm afraid I've shockingly lowered the tone of this board ... I'm afraid I see Midnite with a large HOOK glowering at me in the wings!!!

Hee hee!!

Silly me-- drinking coffee while reading your post.  Hubby is going to kill me if I wipe out another keyboard.

Offline VAM

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Adding to my canvas of life...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2002, 10:52:23 PM »
Can't say I blame Nathan for deserting her! ;D
It is a good day because I am still ticking!

Offline RingoCollins

• Senior Poster
  • I think it was the trousers
    • View Profile
    • Fans On The Run
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2002, 11:28:22 PM »
My boss was telling me today about March madness, an obscure festival involving some cult that revolves around two sacred symbols, a rubber ball and a hoop hung high, no doubt to symbolize the fact that the sun is rising earlier and earlier each day and the Wheel of the Year (represented by the ball) is turning brighter and brighter.  Yeah, that must be it.

--

"Honey, it's not HOMEMAKING he wants, it's MAKING HO!!!"

(Millicent conveniently faints at this point)

Steve

Brilliant, steve -[ I too thought of Ms West!] as bright as those glowing balls [is that some sports ref?]  there is some kinda thing going on here in atlanta with a buncha guys dressed alike doing the same thing, over and over, for points  ?!?- as Vickie would say 'I DON'T understand!'

and the 'homemaking' line - Snoop Dog visits DS!!! [rollb]
We sing, we dance.....and we don't need pants!

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2002, 01:33:53 AM »
Wow, Ringo, I'm really pleased, you are one of the few str8 guys I have met who doesn't slavishly follow every conceivable sports season!  

"March madness" is some sort of college basketball face-off.  I apologize if my silliness was unnecessarily obscure.  I was actually quite puzzled when my boss was telling me about it!

Love the snoop dogg comment, btw!  And I didn't post there, but I really enjoyed your Quentin magazine cover.  Someday I must email you off board to ask about what goes on with all those references to the pants.

Best,  Steve

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2002, 01:36:25 AM »
My Kid just walked past while the Montage was up on my screen....she took one look at Suki and asked "What the heck has she got on her head?...Big Bird?"
[jester]  [silly]  [egypt]

I'll retire to Bedlam.
Raineypark
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2002, 04:50:27 AM »
Hey Gang,

How about this flick, "The Suki Forbres Story" starring the perky Connie Stevens.  (Ms. Stevens is even perkier than Katie Couric, if that's humanly possible!)

Offline Minja

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2002, 05:27:37 AM »
Awwww Sheeez,

The str8 goofy chick has to explain March Freakin' Maddness in the one place she comes to get away from all the hoopla....pun intended.  Ringo Dahlink, it's when the NCAA College Basketball teams play down to the championship. Now they have made it to the Final Four and those teams are squaring off in Atlanta for all the marbles.  Kansas, a hometown favorite, is one of them, and while I'm glad for those hard working young players and their coach, I am sooo sick of hearing about it.  It's KU this and KU that.  KC TV tends to run stuff into the ground.   So, that's the real March Maddness, except the year the basketball tourney made us move locations for our annual dog show.  Now that was MADDENING not maddness! >:(  

Anyhoo.....

WELCOME SUKI!!!!

[shadow=teal,left,300]Always, Minja[/shadow]
I LOVE SUKI!!!And Gothy's Wild Commentary!!
Because I knew you, I have been changed for good.
-From the song "For Good" from "Wicked"

Offline Josette

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2002, 06:10:20 AM »
Gothick!  Love your dialogue!!

i've always enjoyed Suki.  And I forgot about that color coordination.  Nathan always looks so sharp in his blue and gold and then Suki comes waltzing in matching him!!  I really love her performance there and how she clearly scares him!

Josette

Offline RingoCollins

• Senior Poster
  • I think it was the trousers
    • View Profile
    • Fans On The Run
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2002, 09:44:47 AM »

what goes on with all those references to the pants.

har! no need to go off board, IMHO, as the avatar quote is from The Rutles, the signature is from the 'Greg the Bunny' theme song - I give it 4 eps, at most!

and I consider the sports ref. a compliment!  Never understood the fascination of the same thing, over and over, and I have - to sound cliche', but honest - lots of friends who ain't '8' and we have great conversation, and most have the best sense of humor, and like religion, as long as the realization is mutual, everybody is better off ~ the so-called- trasks stink it up for everyone!!! ;) [why try to convince and convert ME?]  but I can rant further in a private message if ya like, when I get back off tour!!''

cheers,
Ringo
We sing, we dance.....and we don't need pants!

Offline ROBINV

• ** Robservationist **
  • Senior Poster
  • The Write Stuff
    • View Profile
    • Personal site of Robin Vogel
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2002, 03:00:26 PM »
I always adored Suki's wild outfit, her crisp, delicious conversation with her straying hubby and her witty remarks about everything from their marriage to Millicent's money.  She's one of my favorite "quickie" characters, and I wish they had brought her in as another DS character down the line.  Like Elizabeth Eis as Buffy Harrington, Suki's character really makes an impression.    

Big Bird?  

Love, Robin  ;D

Offline AllenCollins

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2002, 03:07:38 PM »
Goth,
While I follow sports somewhat, I found your comments very amusing. I agree there are people who take sports too seriously, (after all its only a game).

I too am glad Suki has arrived, possibly the only DS connection to my hometown, good ole' Baltimore. I am still waiting for Suki to hit all of us with the true Baltimore accent. For example Suki to Nathan, "Hey hon I finally tracked youse down. Got tired of waitin on the stoop, (the front porch) for your boat to come in. Its lonely in dawntawn, (long A) Bawmer without youse. When youse gonna come back to Bawmer so we can pack up some baloney roll ups and head dawn the ocean? I miss ya hon!".

All kidding aside Bawlemer is a great place to be. We discussed Convention locations in an earlier topic and Baltimore would be a fun place to do one. There is some very cool history here. When I worked for my father, we rennovated the crypt at Westminster Hall, (Where Edgar Alan Poe is buried) which included redoing the structural timber inside the crypt. We had to work with the Historical Society while the remains were removed inventoried and replaced after the rennovations were complete, (Alas poor Edgar, I knew him well. A fellow of amazing literary talents.). Actually no one knows exactly where Poe is buried. The area in the graveyard that is marked is not his actual burial place, (enuff of being morbid, but the morbid the merrier).

As for March Madness,  go Maryland from Allen & Suki the lone Bawemorians here in DS land.

B

PS It also appears that the writers did some homework in Suki's address, (to be heard in the near future). There is a Franklin Street dawntawn, (LOL).  
Do you ever feel like lifes a tuxedo and your the pair of brown shoes? - George Gobel

Offline Birdie

• Senior Poster
  • And her little dog too
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2002, 03:51:47 AM »
PLEASE..... it has been on the T.V. every night this week.  My hubby is one who will watch just about all the sports and now the olderst is home for the weekend so I will never get a shot at watching anythiing I want.  

Birdie-Sherman--not that I could see anything if I wanted to watch anything.  This eye thing is driving me nuts.
Birdie--
God please put your arm around my shoulder and your hand across my mouth

Offline Dr. Eric Lang

• Senior Poster
  • Julia . . . Julia . . . when you do the experiment
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2002, 04:27:19 AM »
I always adored Suki's wild outfit, her crisp, delicious conversation with her straying hubby and her witty remarks about everything from their marriage to Millicent's money.  She's one of my favorite "quickie" characters, and I wish they had brought her in as another DS character down the line.  Like Elizabeth Eis as Buffy Harrington, Suki's character really makes an impression.    

Big Bird?  

Love, Robin  ;D

Dark Shadows seems to have really good luck - usually - in hiring talent for these short-term roles. Pansy Faye was another great one they wrote off way too soon.