Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0732  (Read 587 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0732
« on: June 25, 2014, 03:34:04 PM »
Robservations #732

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0732

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 11:07:03 PM »
Quentin is suddenly stricken with great pain before he can finish off Laura. She gloats as she tells him she knows he sold her out to be the sacrificial lamb to the priests in Alexandria. She leaves.

Angelique finally gets her way with Barnabas....in exchange for restoring Quentin back to life Barnabas must introduce her as his fiancée. She reminds Barnabas of what will happen to David and Chris if he doesn't consent to her terms. Barnabas has no choice but to agree to her condition. Frankly I'd have thought twice about that if I had been him considering the last time she resurrected Quentin he came back as a zombie. However she does restore him back to normal this time.

Rachel informs Laura that the children have been taken to the school. Laura is furious to hear about this.

To his chagrin, Barnabas is forced to introduce Angelique to Rachel as his betrothed. Rachel is devastated. Angelique is typically tactless and nasty and asks if Rachel can show her around the grounds. What nerve....but then since when has Angelique ever been concerned with that?

She later tells Quentin how he can destroy Laura. In one night Angelique restores one person to life (sort of a good deed even if her motives were far from pure) to destroying one relationship (Barnabas and Rachel) with great delight and zeal. She helps Quentin by telling him what he needs to know to destroy Laura. Most likely this is also a good idea, though I don't know what Angelique would have to gain by Laura's destruction at this point.

A

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2014, 12:01:45 AM »
Poor Rachel is pouring her heart out to Barnabas about the school when Angelique summons him. Then Angelique is cross because Barn doesn't drop everything and race to the cottage.

Barnabas should have known the price Angelique would exact for restoring Quentin to life. Only on DS would a character say, "He isn't supposed to die this way!" Angelique says, Quentin will be permitted to go on with his rather sordid existence until the right moment--if you will let me assume my proper position as Mrs. Barnabas Collins. Mrs. Barnabas Collins, Barnabas repeats bitterly, no doubt remembering his first choice. How nice that sounds, Angelique remarks. I won’t force you to introduce me as your wife immediately, she offers. I’ll even let you introduce me as your fiancée for now, the woman you love. Finally she reveals that she revived Quentin the first time too. Barn is surprised although he should have known better about this too.

Barn hints to Rachel that sometimes people are like Trask--they preach goodness and practice badness. He asks her, Do you still trust me? [Not asking _too_ much, are we, Barnabas!] I don’t know, Barnabas, Rachel answers, I just don’t know! Finally, someone at Collinwood is being sensible.

Angelique actually keeps her word and revives Quentin. Then she shocks him by telling him that she's engaged to Barn. Quentin asks, Aren’t you a rather odd choice for Barnabas’s bride-to-be? Congratulate me and let it go at that, Angelique says tersely--always a warning sign to those who know. Eventually she tells Quentin that the only way to destroy Laura is to find her fire urn and extinguish the flame.

We know that Angelique has never liked rivals, even potential ones. She probably thinks Laura might interfere with her plans, and anyway, there's room for only one fire spirit at Collinwood.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2014, 07:56:16 PM »
She gloats as she tells him she knows he sold her out to be the sacrificial lamb to the priests in Alexandria.

I absolutely love when Laura takes time out from her story to make sure Quentin hasn't passed out because she isn't done with her story yet:

Priceless!!  And classic Laura behavior.  [ghost_grin]

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2014, 08:05:52 PM »
And beautiful frame grabs! Thanks!