Author Topic: What on earth is going on at the Collinsport hospital?!  (Read 728 times)

Offline arashi

• Senior Poster
  • What a lovely night for the unquiet dead.
    • View Profile
    • Darkness Falls
What on earth is going on at the Collinsport hospital?!
« on: January 17, 2006, 05:06:03 AM »
First Julia smoking around the oxygen tent...

OK, this has irked me for a while but as I was just recently watching the dream curse episodes I thought I would ask.

Sam Evans is blind, correct? OK. I can understand that he might wear sunglasses in public to let people know he's blind (unless it was a really sunny day or something.) However WHY does he wear them in his house and WHY do they stay on his face when he's in the hospital lying in bed IN A COMA?!

Some doctor or nurse bandaged his head wound which would probably involve the removal of the glasses, but then put them back on? For what purpose?!

This also involved one of my favorite bloopers where right before the scene cuts David Ford sits up in bed and motions to someone off camera, despite the fact that Sam is supposedly unconscious.  [spin]

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
Re: What on earth is going on at the Collinsport hospital?!
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2006, 11:15:02 AM »
First Julia smoking around the oxygen tent...

OK, this has irked me for a while but as I was just recently watching the dream curse episodes I thought I would ask.

Sam Evans is blind, correct? OK. I can understand that he might wear sunglasses in public to let people know he's blind (unless it was a really sunny day or something.) However WHY does he wear them in his house and WHY do they stay on his face when he's in the hospital lying in bed IN A COMA?!

Doesn't make a heck of alot of sense does it? Perhaps they were trying to keep the prop man busy.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
Re: What on earth is going on at the Collinsport hospital?!
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2006, 05:06:09 PM »

Some doctor or nurse bandaged his head wound which would probably involve the removal of the glasses, but then put them back on? For what purpose?!

This also involved one of my favorite bloopers where right before the scene cuts David Ford sits up in bed and motions to someone off camera, despite the fact that Sam is supposedly unconscious.  [spin]

The *logical* reason for the constant wearing of the shades, according to KLS, was that David was notorious for not knowing his lines and constantly looked at the teleprompter, and not in a subtle way like Frid did, so they decided he'd wear the shades at all times, even if it was ridiculous in a scene, like when he's in a coma etc...They finally gave up and killed off his character.  Unfortunately this doesn't help end the frustration w/how illogical him wearing the shades all the time is, but I just chalk it up to it being DS and move on.  ;)

My fave David Ford blooper is when he's actually caught on camera looking at his script and quickly hides it behind his back when he knows he's back on camera.  Frid was looking at it over his shoulder, LOL! ;)
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"