Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0474  (Read 903 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0474
« on: February 07, 2008, 05:04:17 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0474
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2008, 01:00:07 PM »
Well, we know that Cassandra didn't go so far as to poison Roger, because I don't remember there being any slow-acting poison on Dark Shadows.  It's all instant gratification.  But why didn't Cassandra poison Roger?  It would have made her existence so simple!  She could be the grieving widow, living at Collinwood so as to soak up the atmosphere of the place where her beloved late husband had spent his life (outside of those idyllic years in Augusta, which seem to have been conveniently forgotten).  Instead she chose to keep him alive and miserable.

And she didn't need to be so spiteful to Elizabeth, either.  She could have expressed shock and anxiety upon hearing of Roger's mental problems, and said that she had seen no sign of them, without suggesting that Elizabeth was a delusional control freak.

So one can only conclude that Cassandra truly enjoys creating discord for its own sake.  Angelique in 1795 - before her death, I mean - did not.  Everything was aimed at inducing Barnabas to love her of his own free will, and making sure she wasn't accused of being a witch.  Nothing else was worth her time.  But since then, Diabolos her master has clearly explained to her that her own aims are not enough: she must also promote the greater evil.

Why didn't it occur to Vicky that she herself might be Cassandra's target?  Vicky was there in 1795, and Angelique put in her two cents to make sure that Vicky was convicted of witchcraft.  We know that Vicky is not Cassandra's target - but only because we, unlike Vicky, know that the Barnabas of 1795 and the Barnabas of 1967 are one and the same.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2008, 04:51:07 PM »
we, unlike Vicky, know that the Barnabas of 1795 and the Barnabas of 1967 are one and the same.

That was one lousy fact-finding mission....

I think that Angelique didn't do sensible things because she wasn't sensible.    People are their own worst enemies sometimes.

Some undetectable supernatural end must have been coming for Roger eventually.    At some point she'd have realized that she needs to start ingratiating herself with the family, successfully, and then she can off him with less suspicion.   

I still don't know how this went, because of that missing tape.    Maybe it's a good thing I'm not getting it all in one large chunk, since this way, little bits of story stay mysterious longer.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2008, 06:24:14 PM »
And for foot fetishists:

(After all, we like to be inclusive.  [snow_wink])

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2008, 10:21:05 AM »
It sure didn't take very long for Cassandralique's spell on Roger to be broken. I guess she'll have to reinforce it every night. She'd better have a lot of that love potion handy! [snow_wink]

It must be confusing for Vicki to wonder why Angelique came back, since she doesn't know that the present Barnabas is the same Barnabas that she saw in 1795.  [snow_huh] It wouldn't be surprising if she suspected that she was the target . Unfortunately, the writers are "dumbing down" Vicki, so she probably won't come to that conclusion.  [snow_undecided]

----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2008, 08:04:41 PM »
Thanks for that photo MB.   I'm not a foot fetishist, but tiny little watches and bandage application and the planet Saturn in the corner of my field of vision always get me hot.    So this picture has it all for me.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2008, 05:06:24 AM »
tiny little watches and bandage application and the planet Saturn in the corner of my field of vision always get me hot.    So this picture has it all for me.

I'll keep all that in mind for the future.  [snow_wink]

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2008, 03:24:09 PM »
Angelique/Cassandra was out of line accusing Elizabeth of wanting to control Roger....especially since we all know SHE's the one who's been controlling him actually, through the portrait.

Well, she got off on the wrong foot with Elizabeth almost immediately. I suppose Cassandra really did want to create some friction within Collinwood (besides wanting to return the curse to Barnabas) otherwise it was very foolish of her not to try and get on the good side of her new sister-in-law, the mistress of Collinwood.

Poor Roger is being used and he doesn't know it. I guess one can't really blame Angelique for not wanting to make love to a man who resembled the father-in-law who despised her so much (and vice versa).