Author Topic: The July 4th Epsodes (Spoilers!)  (Read 677 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
The July 4th Epsodes (Spoilers!)
« on: July 04, 2005, 09:32:08 PM »
A few random notes concerning the July 4th eps:

The idea of marriage on DS rarely if ever seems to be a pleasant one. In ep #267 Liz (and nearly everyone else) agonizes over her impending marriage to Jason; in ep #528 Maggie tells Vicki that she and Joe plan to marry "very soon"; and in ep #790 the new union between Judith and Trask falls prey to Trask's machinations. That all got me to thinking: Was there even one marriage or potential marriage on DS where some sort of tragedy, supernatural or otherwise, didn't cause it to fall completely apart? If so, nothing comes to my mind at the moment...

In the beginning of the first scene at The Blue Whale in ep #267 I actually believe there was a Bob Cobert composition playing on the jukebox that isn't on any of the DS soundtrack CDs. It will interesting to see if it's part of the new upcoming compilation...

Also at the Blue Whale, it was amusing to see Tom "Gloria Winters" Gorman filling in for Bob Rooney as the bartender.  ;)

And finally, it was nice to see that someone at Collinwood (probably Matthew - he strikes me as the frugal type  ;)) was conscientious about not having the lights on during the day. They all seemed to be shut off in ep #6, as opposed to future storylines where they're blazing at all hours of the night and day!  ::)

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
Re: The July 4th Epsodes (Spoilers!)
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2005, 01:29:50 AM »
Was there even one marriage or potential marriage on DS where some sort of tragedy, supernatural or otherwise, didn't cause it to fall completely apart?

Hmm...nope:

Barn to Josette...no (thanks Ang)
Barn to Ang (oyevah thanks some more Ang!)
Josette to Jeremiah (see above)
Philip & Megan (Leviathan trauma)
Carolyn to CHiP (shadows on the wall, n'est pas)
Roger with Laura...burn/brother/burn/brother (because if it's brother, we can't blame the supernatural)
Carolyn to William Loomis (thanks Barn)
Magda & Sandor (thanks some more Barn)
But in all fairness, both Sandor & William had some greed going on.

But, we can't blame supernatural on Naomi & Joshua...they had 'natural' problems beaucoup before Barnabas.

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: The July 4th Epsodes (Spoilers!)
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2005, 08:31:17 PM »
The marriage of Liz and Paul did not have an ending due to the supernatural.