Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0988  (Read 1584 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0988
« on: April 28, 2010, 11:21:57 PM »

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Discuss - Ep #0988
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 11:48:31 PM »
Did the actor playing the policeman do the VO?  If so, he also voices Bruno's thoughts a minute later.   Significant pan from Ang's portrait in the mirror to portrait proper.   Bruno hangs around headstone for Thomas Findlay... was he the guy Jeb used to call up a bat?   Wasn't Findlay the name of the 1969 psychic?  Her husband?   

Can anyone here comment on similarities vs. differences between Jeckyl and Cyrus, please?   Poor stir-crazy rabbit.   I hope they got him into larger quarters after shooting stopped.   I like John Harkins, cool character actor.   If I were an actor, that's the kind I'd like to be.   Like Julia, Cyrus does research he can't possibly publish.

Cyrus pours himself that fateful Purple Cow.   The pause in the music was timed to come when he hesitated then made the decision to pick up the glass, nice.   CP's good at pain.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2010, 01:03:00 AM »
Did the actor playing the policeman do the VO?  If so, he also voices Bruno's thoughts a minute later.

John Harkins-- the actor playing the chemist Gladstone-- did the vo.  The police Inspector is in the following ep.

Bruno hangs around headstone for Thomas Findlay... was he the guy Jeb used to call up a bat?   Wasn't Findlay the name of the 1969 psychic?  Her husband?

Thomas Findley was the first zombie minion summoned after Davenport.  And yes, her name was Janet Findley, and he might have been younger than her, but sure, why not?

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2010, 01:20:08 AM »
The column on the wall are the same where they kept Laura Stockbridge.

I wonder what might have happened if Bruno would have touched the body.

[spoiler]Would we be seeing two Lara Parker characters at the same time? It would be a good end to Bruno though. [/spoiler]
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2010, 02:44:48 AM »
I am so behind....ugh...
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2010, 06:16:47 AM »
One would tend to think that with all the influence and power that Quentin has, he would be able to rid Collinwood of Bruno quite easily.

That Gladstone guy - pedophile, slimy detective, sleeps in his clothes, raincoat - no pants underneath...he smells...he just gives me the creeps.

Bruno has gone off the deep end here. You've been twisting your hair curlers too tight, babe.
A lot of houses in New England have low thresholds. Bruno's hair would not survive.

I got it! Gladstone reminds me of Sidney Toler - the drunken actor that portrayed Monogram's Charlie Chan!

Well, it looks like they finally got a couch long enough to support Long & Lanky.

What was with the frosted glass that Cyrus drank from? Did they not have any money for dry ice or something?
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2010, 08:50:48 AM »
Apparently Thomas Findley had the same lifespan in parallel time as he did in our time, which makes him a rare bird.

I'm always surprised when middle names and maiden names aren't on tombstones or plaques on Dark Shadows, but maybe Angelique had left instructions that she should be Angelique Collins, not Angelique Stokes Collins.  Or maybe the guarantee of “If it isn't finished within 24 hours, your tombstone is free!” of Federal Express Tombstones was void if there was a middle name.

We got a smidgen more physical affection between Cyrus and Sabrina today, to engage our sympathies.

Like Julia, Cyrus does research he can't possibly publish.
Yes, but my impression is that Cyrus is more interested in pure knowledge for its own sake than Julia ever was.  Also, at this point, as far as I can tell, Cyrus has done nothing illegal, unlike Julia, who knew from the start that she was aiding and abetting a criminal.  No reputable scientific journal would publish Cyrus's results, I hope, whatever they may turn out to be, because he experimented on himself, which would make his observations not objective – but so far he's a consenting adult behind closed doors.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2010, 10:51:11 PM »
I think Cyrus is completely driven by needing to break out of his repression and follow every evil impulse imaginable, without realizing it.   I think he's just interested in self-gratification.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2010, 05:05:59 AM »
I agree with JTW about Gladstone he gives me the creepy shivers--just eww!!  

4/8/70

As it has been pointed out there was a Parallel Time Thomas Findley I have to wonder if he was a good man?  Micheal Stroka is really using the prompter it seems to me.  Twenty Five Thousand in cash I would take it in a heartbeat.  So Angelique was 30? Nice age.  I am sorry guys I don't seem to have a lot to  add to the WP.  I find the era while the vets are gone a bit boring.  There are some good eps here and there.   David Selby is a plus! SWOON! Want proof just look below! :)

If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2010, 01:18:50 AM »
I think Q's not absorbing his oxygen properly T....

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2010, 07:28:56 AM »
The other tombstone outside the mausoleum belonged to John Hart, who was the next zombie that Jeb created after Findley.

Alexis' fuzzy white coat looks like the same one worn by both RT Angelique and Liz toward the end of Leviathans.

One would tend to think that with all the influence and power that Quentin has, he would be able to rid Collinwood of Bruno quite easily.

While evicting Bruno from the cottage is apparently out of the question, it seems Quentin should have no problem having him charged with trespassing at Collinwood.  However, after Quentin threatened to call the police on Bruno in the mausoleum, Bruno laughed and said, "I don't think you're gonna do that. It just might reopen a lot of the past, if you know what I mean."  Yikes.

What was with the frosted glass that Cyrus drank from? Did they not have any money for dry ice or something?

For Pennock's sake, it's probably a good thing that he didn't have to gulp the drink down if there was a chance that he might accidentally swallow even a small piece of dry ice.

We got a smidgen more physical affection between Cyrus and Sabrina today, to engage our sympathies.

I can't say I felt any sympathy toward him.  It looked like he was pretending in order to get rid of her.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2010, 08:05:25 PM »
I'm always surprised when middle names and maiden names aren't on tombstones or plaques on Dark Shadows, but maybe Angelique had left instructions that she should be Angelique Collins, not Angelique Stokes Collins.

What I find most fascinating about Angelique's tombstone are the dates on it - primarily the year she was born. During past viewings of this storyline, that has prompted all sorts of speculation about Daniel's conception and the reasons behind Ang and Quentin's marriage and another potential complication with it. But no one has gone anywhere near that topic this time around...