Author Topic: BABY IT'S COLD OUTSIDE IN THE NORTHEAST/OT  (Read 2355 times)

Offline Annie

• DSF God
    • View Profile
BABY IT'S COLD OUTSIDE IN THE NORTHEAST/OT
« on: January 11, 2004, 07:13:38 PM »
Hi gang well here in The Northeast we are freezing!!!
It's in the single digits !!! Even at night!!!!!!!
( Think I'll stay at The Q-man's house in Calif)!!
                Love Anne
 Stay Warm All :-* :D
"Never Give Up On Your Dreams "I Didn't So Don't
You"    By Barry Manilow

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re:BABY IT'S COLD OUTSIDE IN THE NORTHEAST/OT
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2004, 07:39:28 PM »
I was just thinking as I sat down at my computer a few minutes ago what a weird winter we've had here in the mid-west so far (at least in my portion of it).  Unusally warm and very little snow so far. I appreciate it after last year when it seemed to snow every other day - but a little voice tells me that this is the calm before the storm.  Hope things warm up for you and all the other frozen Nor'easters Annie!  :)
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline DarkShadowyFigure

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2004, 10:54:35 PM »
May we all have an early warm spring! Nowhere near as chilly here in this Great Lakes/Midwest area as it in the Northeast. It was great having 50 degree weather around Christmas (for me, anyway) but as CastleBee says, this is the calm before the storm- usually late January around these parts. That's when the dreaded freezing rain was here for awhile last year. Ick!

ClaudeNorth

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2004, 12:20:26 AM »
It's bitter cold here in Philly, and as per usual, the heating system in my apartment building is not working, so my apartment is a lovely 55 degrees.  Wearing hats, coats, gloves, and scarves indoors is positively de rigeuer this season!

Offline TERRY308

• Senior Poster
  • The real Mrs. Collins.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2004, 01:42:57 AM »
You're not  just playin' Dixie, Anne.  It's so cold when the sun goes down, that Mr. Woo, our dog, goes outside, uses the "bathroom" and is back at the door in a half a minute.  As for the cats, Bella and Magda, they don't even go outside.  They uses the litter box and sit in the picture window and scowl at people. [angrg]

Cassandra:  I have a potion.  You know it well.  As soon as she drinks it, within an hour, she will go to sleep and have the dream.
Nicholas:  I am much to talented to spend my time drugging drinks.

Offline Cassandra

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2004, 12:20:00 PM »
Cold isn't the word for it!  Last night the temp here was a grand total of 0!!  I've never seen it reach this low before.  Then, today we actually got up to 24 degrees and it felt like a heatwave to me, LOL!!   I guess you don't realize how cold it can get until you've experienced that 0 degree mark.  According to the Weatherman it's suppose to hit below zero towards this weekend.  Now, that should be an experience. :o

Cassandra
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Patti Feinberg

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2004, 10:46:28 PM »
Cold isn't the word for it!   According to the Weatherman it's suppose to hit below zero towards this weekend.

and snoooowww too Cassandra :P

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Birdie

• Senior Poster
  • And her little dog too
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2004, 02:03:11 AM »
Cold, tired, crabby, that is what I am.  It was ever so slightly warmer today with a bit of snow this morning.  More and colder weather on the horizen.  Of all the times for our show to be pff tje air ways.  Of course, I could drag the tapes out of the basememt....

Birdie 
Birdie--
God please put your arm around my shoulder and your hand across my mouth

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2004, 05:20:58 AM »
Of course, I could drag the tapes out of the basememt....

By all means that's exactly what you should be doing. Well, at least the tapes for the end of June and the July 1968 episodes. You can leave the others until you need them.  [wink2]

Offline murph

• Full Poster
  • I love Dark Shadows!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2004, 05:37:20 AM »
I moved to Phoenix exactly 20 years ago this week from Iowa so I do know what cold temperature is.  I was just back home for Christmas and it wasn't cold at all.  I guess they have been lucky this year.  It's funny you mention how cold it is because it's supposed to be in the mid 70's all week here.  I can't believe this weather, we are about 10 degrees above average.  I love this but in about 5 months all of you out east will be having decent weather and I'll be cooking in 100+ degrees.  I guess we all have our own reasons for putting up with extreme temperature.  I can honestly say that if I was offered a comparable job in Iowa I would move back in a minute no matter what the weather is.  I'm from an area of about 300,000 people including 4 cities that are known as the Quad Cities, so maybe some day.........

Murph

Offline Happybat

• Full Poster
  • Jag gillar Dark Shadows!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2004, 07:30:24 PM »
It's bitter cold here in Philly, and as per usual, the heating system in my apartment building is not working, so my apartment is a lovely 55 degrees.

Here in Massachusetts I think that would be illegal.  If your landlord doesn't fix the heating system you should call the Housing Department.  Do they have a Mayor's Hotline in PA?  Good luck!  (And sorry if I'm suggesting the bleedingly obvious.)

But zero, schmero -  Concord, Mass. registered -12 this morning!  And tomorrow night promises to be record setting -8 degrees, which means that in Concord it will probably be even colder.  Boy oh boy, do I dread that upcoming heating bill.

Stay warm, all!

[blackbat]Happybat[blackbat]
Happybat

"One can only truly understand what one can create"--Giambattista Vico, Italian philosopher

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2004, 07:38:56 PM »
I'm not happy about the cold myself....though I'd always choose too cold over too hot.  We get drop deliveries of oil instead of scheduled ones, which means paying for over 200 gallons each time.  THAT's hell on the budget.

But at the same time, weather this cold helps prevent the spread of all the nasty things we catch all winter, and if it saves my household from the flu, well, hand me another pair of socks!  :D
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline onyx_treasure

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2004, 09:31:53 PM »
     It was -20 this morning but warmed up -10.  Last night, the weather service ran warnings that the windchill was -40 to -60 depending where you lived.  They advised us not to go outdoors, if possible.  The news said it was the coldest day ever recorded in Portland.  Maine is supposed to be cold but this is unbearable.
There are two means of refuge from the misery of life--music and cats.  Albert Schweitzer

Offline Craig_Slocum

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Cute Craig
    • View Profile
    • Cheryl's Dark Shadows
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2004, 06:02:03 AM »
The coldest temp I've ever been in is when it gets down to the 20s here, which it did recently. Right now it's 57. I'm in my usual evening attire at home, wearing a T-shirt, shorts, and barefooted. I keep my two story home a comfy 75 degrees. It snowed here right after Christmas, the second time it snowed since I've been in Vegas. We get snow every five years, lol! It was a trip seeing snow on the pool deck and on top of the spa, I will remember that when I'm out there in the summer and it's 114 degrees! My daughter built a little snow man, and we had a snow ball fight. We took a walk around the neighborhood. It was pretty seeing the homes decorated for Christmas, and having snow around in the yards and on the roof tops. Palm trees and cars were covered with snow too, a rare sight here indeed. It's been in the 60s for the last few days, nice! We have 7 months of hot weather in Vegas from April - November. By then I'm almost praying for cold weather, lol! Keep warm all who are in the Northeast! Glad I'm here!
Cheryl,

Craig Slocum's #1 Fan

Offline Patti Feinberg

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2004, 01:05:19 PM »
 [rifle]

[flmthrw]

I HATE SNOW

aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Get to drive in it soon; salt won't help, too cold.

Did I mention:

[size=8]I HATE SNOW?[/size]

I used to like it....if it went up north...I know MB's having a blast!!

Patti
who hates snow
What a Woman!