Author Topic: Humor on Dark Shadows  (Read 7965 times)

Offline scottd

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
Re:Humor on Dark Shadows
« Reply #45 on: March 15, 2004, 05:15:46 AM »
I forgot how many funny lines there were in the 1795 storyline until reading many of them above! I was laughing tonight when watching DVD collection 9--Julia and Willie find Barnabas dead outside the old house after he has just had the dream and the first thing Willie says is something like "Now we'll have to listen to those dogs howling again!" Too funny!

Offline Cassandra

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2004, 10:57:15 AM »
The more I watch these shows the more funny lines I've been noticing!
One in particular came to mind while I watching the 1795 storyline when the so called Rev Trask was grilling young Daniel about the evils of the "witch" and what the devil has taught him.  Daniel then looks at him and says, "the only one who looks like a devil around here is you!"  LOL!! I almost fell of my seat when I heard that one. Gotta hand it to the boy though because Trask certainly did look evil in that time!

Another one was when Barnabas was telling his mother Naomi about how he had asked Angelique to be his wife.  Naomi thought the whole thing strange but Barnabas kept insisting that this is what he wanted, to which Naomi then replied, "well a week ago you wanted Josette to be your wife!!"

Cassandra
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Devlin66

• Full Poster
  • Devlin For President in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Burke Devlins Yahoo 360
« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2004, 03:30:55 AM »
being a newbie i just got around to this thread and i have had a few (big) belly laughs.........and then i thought of maybe the only time Barnabas looked happy......when he had that ear to ear grin after watching warlock blair go up in flames............i dont ever remember Barnabas being that happy in any other episode......
" When I gave Davey Collins the crystal ball I hoped he would see that I was his real father, and not that abusive Roger Collins!

Only Laura knows the truth regarding Davids paternity, and i am sure she remembers the back seat of that car Roger crashed.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 27, 2004, 05:00:38 AM »
he had that ear to ear grin after watching warlock blair go up in flames............i dont ever remember Barnabas being that happy in any other episode......

I think you're definitely right about that.  ;)

Offline Misa

• Full Poster
  • Is that you, Mr. Juggins?
    • View Profile
Re: Humor on Dark Shadows
« Reply #49 on: June 01, 2004, 05:30:49 PM »
I really got a laugh from the scene where Jerimaiah has Angelique in the grave and is dumping dirt on her. She summons Ben, and he's laughing at her until she tells him that Jeremiah knows that Ben helped her and now he will be after him too.

Ben is so funny in this scene, first laughing hysterically at Angy, then he's so scared that the ghost is going to be after him too.

Misa

Offline Devlin66

• Full Poster
  • Devlin For President in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Burke Devlins Yahoo 360
« Reply #50 on: June 01, 2004, 08:48:17 PM »
Speaking of Stokes-----i always thought his laugh was the most realistic and funny------followed a close second tie between angelique and her evil little chuckle laugh and quentins roarasly evil and taunting laugh
" When I gave Davey Collins the crystal ball I hoped he would see that I was his real father, and not that abusive Roger Collins!

Only Laura knows the truth regarding Davids paternity, and i am sure she remembers the back seat of that car Roger crashed.

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #51 on: June 09, 2004, 09:32:08 PM »
"Sandor My Big Fat Hero!"

I always wonder if that was scripted or if Grayson ad-libbed that line.

Julia99

Offline Dr. Eric Lang

• Senior Poster
  • Julia . . . Julia . . . when you do the experiment
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 11, 2004, 02:19:43 AM »
The introduction of Mrs. Johnson was hilarious. We first met her in the diner after Bill Malloy was killed, and she ordered coffee from Maggie. Maggie tried to talk her into ordering a sandwhich and Mrs. Johnson went on and on about the mayonnaise being fresh; she always made her own fresh mayonnaise, Maggie tried to assure her that the mayonnaise was fresh. Well eventually Maggie brought out the sandwhich - Mrs. Johnson took one bit out of it, made a face and put it down.

Also the scene where Elizabeth interviews Mrs. Johnson for the housekeeper job was equally funny. It seemed more like Mrs. Johnson was interviewing Elizabeth than the other way around.

However, one of my all-time classic favorite humorous scenes was between Roger and Elizabeth, who went to inspect the room in the East wing where Vicki had been locked up by David (and seen the ghost of Bill Malloy). The siblings found seaweed on the floor where Vicki claimed to have seen a ghost. In uncharacteristic frankness, one turned to the other and point blank asked if they'd ever seen a  ghost in their lives. The reaction was basically "I haven't if you haven't." They snapped right back into their usual state of denial and walked out of the room.

Offline Heather

• Senior Poster
  • It's an Orbach's, darling...
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #53 on: June 11, 2004, 03:06:00 AM »
The introduction of Mrs. Johnson was hilarious. We first met her in the diner after Bill Malloy was killed, and she ordered coffee from Maggie. Maggie tried to talk her into ordering a sandwhich and Mrs. Johnson went on and on about the mayonnaise being fresh; she always made her own fresh mayonnaise, Maggie tried to assure her that the mayonnaise was fresh. Well eventually Maggie brought out the sandwhich - Mrs. Johnson took one bit out of it, made a face and put it down.

LMAO! That was especially funny considering Mrs. Johnson's cooking abilities (or lack thereof) later on...  ;)

W: http://hrh22.home.comcast.net

In case you didn't realize....Julia rules!  :-*