Author Topic: David Henesy, Former Child Star  (Read 3411 times)

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re:David Henesy, Former Child Star
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2003, 02:26:26 AM »
No Patti....I've never done drugs.

But you don't have to be stoned to be crazy...[smrtasb]
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2003, 02:28:39 AM »
Oh Holy Mother....I always thought there was something awfully familiar about you..

My husband was also educated by 'radical' Jesuits.

See, I keep telling you that we probably have more in common and that we probably share more connections than either of us realizes. ;)

Offline LdyAnne

• Full Poster
  • DS fan since 1967- run home from school kid
    • View Profile
    • Central Florida Dark Shadows Fan Club
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2003, 04:14:19 AM »

Did I mention that I went to a Catholic prep high school?  ;)  However, it was run by radical Jesuits - and I thank God every day that it was because they taught me to think for myself and question everything...

You sound just like my ex-husband who also went to a Jesuit High School until he was asked not to come back...for asking just too many questions......
LdyAnne

Offline joe integlia

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • joes gallery of DS photos
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2003, 10:01:47 PM »
the kind of shirt described early in this thread reminds me of a SEINFELD episode entitled "THE PUFFY SHIRT" where kramer talks jerry into wearing that kind of a shirt on THE TODAY SHOW. he looked like a pirate in it.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2003, 10:02:13 PM »
the coat sweaters were pretty much the coolest sweaters you could wear because David Soul and Paul Michael Glaser wore them on Starsky and Hutch.

Looks like Paul Michael Glaser stole his from Chris Pennock:

Well, not really - the designs are different. But I'd completely forgotten that this picture of Pennock wearing a coat sweater is in the DS Music Book until I came across it today while looking for a better version of the picture of the werewolf, Julia and Barn. ;)

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2003, 10:27:41 PM »
Eeee-YOW, thanks MB for that sexxxy photo!

Your funny little sign just informed me that you are a meat popsicle.  Or maybe it was in ref to Pennock...

I should have bought that music book.  There was a full page photo of Natalie that was to die for, as I recall.

G.

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2003, 09:18:46 AM »
Your funny little sign just informed me that you are a meat popsicle.  Or maybe it was in ref to Pennock...

<Dom sc-reams!>

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2003, 01:01:32 PM »
I had one of those enormous sweaters that went virtually to the knees, with the belt for closure (sounds like some form of therapy).  It was about the only "rad" thing of apparel I possessed back then.  My parents were rather "old fashioned" (being good Polish Catholics), and kept our closet full of plain, nondescript things to wear - no "beatnik" clothing, as my dad would call it.  Of course, I wanted the stuff and beg, pleaded, cried, screamed, all to no avail.  Surprisingly, the parochial school I attended, which was staffed by strict, traditional Polish-American nuns, was rather lax in allowing what threads one donned.  We would look with envy at the kids who were "fortunate" enough to look like they raided the closets of David Collins, and to a lesser degree, Jeb Hawkes and Sebastian Shaw.  Well, as they say, all things are in hindsight.  Reflecting now, I'm glad my parents did not permit us to dress "groovy".  (I wasn't allowed my first pair of "wire-rim" glasses until after my sophomore year in high school - even then my dad complained bitterly about "beatnik glasses", and this was 1973!)

Gerard

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2003, 01:55:09 AM »
My parents were rather "old fashioned" (being good Polish Catholics), and kept our closet full of plain, nondescript things to wear - no "beatnik" clothing, as my dad would call it.  Of course, I wanted the stuff and beg, pleaded, cried, screamed, all to no avail.

Ah, yes, parents.  :D  But soon after I turned 16, I got a job after school because I wanted my own money. Shortly after that I got a charge account at a local mens store (my mom co-signed, but I was very responsible), and from that point on I bought all my own clothes.  [b003]

Offline jennifer

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2003, 06:55:06 AM »
LOl guys i too remember those ''COOL'' sweaters  8)i bet Greg Brady
still has one! i don't watch the 70's show do they wear any on it?

jennifer
Ashton Kutcher is a nerd!
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2003, 02:49:54 PM »
Jennifer...you must be my soul mate.

When this topic was first posted, I googled to try to find BOBBY Brady....I know I remember seeing him in one of these sweaters!!

ick Ashton ick....but ICK ICK ICK..picturing him and Demi ibid ick Moore ick ick

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Miss_Winthrop

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2003, 03:07:41 AM »
In fact, the coat sweaters were pretty much the coolest sweaters you could wear because David Soul and Paul Michael Glaser wore them on Starsky and Hutch. ]

Forget about Glaser's sweater when one of the finest sites I've ever seen is David Soul in a pair of skin tight jeans in Salem's Lot(?).  To this day, I've never seen another man who can match that look. Yow!  ;) 
One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.
~Virginia Woolf