Author Topic: A, Uh, Unique Logo  (Read 1143 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
A, Uh, Unique Logo
« on: December 07, 2017, 10:58:40 PM »
A friend who recently watched one of TJ Lubinsky's My Music specials on PBS sent me a screen cap after seeing one of the logos at the beginning of it. The friend is one of my few who's never watched DS but she is familiar with the image in the logo, and that's why she sent the screen cap. She has no idea that a certain someone who's involved with TJ Lubinsky's My Music is also involved with DS, though most of us are well aware of that fact. And I've often seen the person in question's name in the credits, as I'm sure many of us have. But I've never seen this logo, though a visit to the entity's Facebook page would seem to indicate that the logo has been in existence since April, 2016. But anyway, imagine my surprise when I saw the image used in the logo:

Logo

Fascinating, no?

Now, I should point out that I couldn't find the name of the person in question on the entity's Web site or Facebook page. But please, who else would be using such an image for their logo? Plus, it's also interesting that the latest post on the Facebook page heralds a "big announcement coming soon!" - but that was posted back on October 17th - and nothing has been posted since. Such circumstances are certainly standard operating procedure when it comes to how that person often operates in the DS universe: Tease a big announcement that quite possibly never materializes - and even if it does, it often seems to fall short of what most would consider big. So there's even more circumstantial evidence that the entity belongs to the person in question.  [santa_wink]

Online Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: A, Uh, Unique Logo
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2017, 11:05:41 PM »
If someone else were to use that logo, you know who would probably send them a ceast and desist notice about copyright infringement. [8_2_87]
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2017, 07:35:03 AM »
Who's the certain someone you keep referring to?  I tried looking this up to see if I'd get a hint, and it turns out that the name is TJ Lubinsky and that he's in Pittsburgh!
Josette

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2017, 07:06:30 PM »
As I said, TJ Lubinsky is behind all the My Music specials on PBS. He has his own entity: TJL. I believe the person behind Treasury Collection is someone else entirely, especially given that person's association with Mr. Lubinsky, and particularly given the image in its logo, which would seem to be a huge tip off to the person's identity...

Offline Josette

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2017, 08:08:15 AM »
Well, it's clearly someone related to DS, but is there a reason for not mentioning the specific identity?
Josette

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2017, 05:42:56 PM »
Only because I don't have 101% proof that it is the person in question, just powerful circumstantial evidence...

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2017, 06:30:02 PM »
Hahahaha!

Maybe it will help those who haven't figured out what you're hinting at to mention that a popular neighborhood in the Boston area is known by the initials JP (standing for Jamaica Plain, in that instance).

cheers!

Steve

Online Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2017, 06:47:46 PM »
OMG! It's Joanna Pettet.
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2017, 08:32:01 PM »
I'm picturing a scene from Night of the Living Dead, where some guy is cowering in his house, a DS image on his computer, and JP and his army of lawyers, in suits and brandishing briefcases, are pounding on the boarded up doors and windows, moaning:  "Sue...sue...SUE!!!

Gerard

Offline Josette

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2017, 08:01:58 AM »
OMG! It's Joanna Pettet.

LOL!!

I sort of assumed that's who you were going for, but I'm not as familiar with him as some here and didn't know if there might be someone else.
Josette

Offline KMR

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2017, 09:32:53 PM »
OMG! It's Joanna Pettet.

Mayhap you're right! Probably a better guess than mine, which was Jonathan Phrid.

Offline patrickm

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
    • Central Florida Dark Shadows Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2017, 04:41:25 PM »
Well, since there is no mention of Dark Shadows and it's actually a sketch of Sea View Terrace, it would seem any rights would belong to the owners of the house the Carey family...not the person whose name rhymes with Tim Fearsome. Lol.