Author Topic: Spin, with David Selby, DVD Release  (Read 1120 times)

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
  • Even the name reeks of Ohrbach's!
    • View Profile
    • Criseyde's David Selby Site
Spin, with David Selby, DVD Release
« on: January 21, 2007, 06:30:04 PM »
Spin, a new film about the reggaeton music scene featuring David Selby as record mogul Rob Polan, will be available on DVD on Tuesday, January 23, 2007.

Among other outlets, it is available from Amazon, and it can also be rented from Netflix.

You can watch the trailer here. The press release about the film's release is here.

Dark Shadows Alumni Movies (Includes a DS News page.)

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Spin, with David Selby, DVD Release
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 08:43:32 PM »
For you Selby wardrobe fanatics, he wears his own clothes in the film, some of which you will recognize from previous Festivals.  ;D

Offline LdyAnne

• Full Poster
  • DS fan since 1967- run home from school kid
    • View Profile
    • Central Florida Dark Shadows Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2007, 01:13:51 AM »
For you Selby wardrobe fanatics, he wears his own clothes in the film, some of which you will recognize from previous Festivals.  ;D

No budget for wardrobe? Sounds like another steller film. Chances are the best performance in the whole thing will be the few minutes David is on screen.

LdyAnne

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2007, 04:05:36 AM »
No budget for wardrobe? Sounds like another steller film. Chances are the best performance in the whole thing will be the few minutes David is on screen.
Yeah, heaven knows a huge budget makes for a stunning film. That's why everyone here owns a copy of Waterworld on DVD and watches it at least once a week.  ::)

I don't think it's ever been a secret that this is not a big budget film.

I watched it last night, and it's not the type of film that I would've watched had Selby not been in it. However, in the overall scheme of things, I thought it was decent. He's not in a whole lot of it, but his character isn't supposed to be the main focus. I could watch it again, which is more than I can say for some of his other films that had a bigger budget, such as Raise the Titanic and Surviving Christmas. I'm not quite sure it's so groundbreaking as some of the publicity indicates. It's a fairly typical tale of ambition destroying lives.

Offline LdyAnne

• Full Poster
  • DS fan since 1967- run home from school kid
    • View Profile
    • Central Florida Dark Shadows Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2007, 01:28:18 AM »
Yeah, heaven knows a huge budget makes for a stunning film. That's why everyone here owns a copy of Waterworld on DVD and watches it at least once a week.  ::)

Uh.... I have never seen Waterworld; and you are correct some of the best films I have seen have been low budget. Since I value your opinion I shall give Spin and whirl and judge for myself.  ;D

your servent
LdyAnne [9050]