Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0773  (Read 2643 times)

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0773
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2009, 08:53:27 PM »
As Minerva was dying her slow and painful death, I was imagining her turning into a werewolf.

I remember being shocked back in 1969 when Evan Hanley, having snapped Tim out of the trance, accused him of murder.  It seemed so unnecessary!  I was such a nice person in 1969.  Still, the accusation was fundamentally unnecessary.  I'm sure Evan could have planned a death for Minerva that would have appeared to be from natural causes.  (After all, didn't Minerva say something about her blood pressure?)  So framing Tim was part and parcel of the plan to murder Minerva.  Why?  Trask deliberately kept Tim in his clutches, and we have to assume that Tim's engagement to Charity was OK with Trask, or it never would have happened.  And now Trask wants to see Tim convicted of murder.  Except I don't think that's what Trask wants.  He just wants to see Tim squirm some more.  Tim's become a little too comfortable at Worthington Hall.  Yes, that's it.  It's all to improve Tim's character, the way the false accusation of cheating was good for Jamison's character.  And, of course, being murdered was excellent for Minerva's character.

Rachel seemed uncharacteristically stern and competent today.  Perhaps Worthington Hall is a good place for her after all.  Meanwhile, we saw some uncharacteristically unPuritanical glimmerings from Charity.  Were they a result of Barnabas's influence, or were they there all along?

Evan's abuse of Rachel was made much more interesting by the fact that Nicholas would never have treated Maggie that way.  I've said it before (or anyway, I think I have) and I'll say it again: Evan is a nasty piece of goods.  Nicholas was evil because that was his job and because he was (as I understand it) created evil.  Evan, being human, has the option of being a good person, but he chooses not to be.

IluvBarnabas

Re: Discuss - Ep #0773
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2009, 10:57:23 PM »
Yet one more indication of the phoniness of the school.  Rachel being castigated by Charity for failing two “highly recommended” (probably meaning wealthy) students for nothing more than not doing any work.

Charity is a total hyprocrite in this scene. She whines to Rachel about flunking the special student for not doing her work and overrules her by giving the student a higher grade, then she criticizes Rachel a bit later about how Rachel's grading system was either too high or too low and warned her against favortism. Why don't you try practicing what you preach, Charity.