Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0772  (Read 2690 times)

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Discuss - Ep #0772
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2009, 10:28:11 PM »
Who doesn't want minions? Minions would rule!

No, we would rule them!
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Pansity

• Senior Poster
  • Who's Sorry Now?
    • View Profile
    • Jeannie's David Selby Site
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2009, 11:06:08 PM »
LOL.  But which one is the learner, and which one the master? <insert Darth Vader breathing>

Jeannie

My David Selby Fansite (performance & book reviews): http://jwmediafanfiction.com/jeanniesdavidselbysite

My Dark Shadows Fest Pictures site:
http://jwmediafanfiction.com/dsfestpics

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2009, 06:47:18 PM »
This was a particularly enjoyable episode.

How long did the writers work, and how many names did they consider, before they came up with the name Pansy?  It's perfect for the character, and John Karlen has a glorious time with it.

Minerva Trask makes a lasting impression for somebody who is with us for so few episodes.  I particularly like a self-righteous line of hers today: "I try to be as fair as God will let me."  Yes, Minerva, that's right, God will punish you if you're too fair with people.

When Barnabas asked Carl why he (Barnabas) would want to keep Pansy prisoner, of course I imagined Barnabas brainwashing Pansy into believing she's Josette.  I'd love to see Magda's reaction if he tried.

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2009, 03:41:24 AM »
I think the reason that Minerva tried to steer Charity towards Carl (other than the obvious wealth of course) was that Minerva really doesn't know any of the male Collinses at all. She talked with Judith once, but has had no conversation with her brothers. Had Minerva known what a practical joker Carl was, I am sure that she would have been more open to Charity's choice to Barnabas. Or try to hook her up with Quentin herself.

So true about Minerva's line about being as fair as the Good Lord will let her. From what we've seen of her and her charming hubby and daughter, the Trask family ignores the Bible's philosophy on mercy and concentrates solely on its passages about vengeance and punishment. I doubt any of the Trasks even know the definition of fair or mercy.

Did Minerva deserve her fate? Realistically, probably not. However, I still remember how nasty she was to poor Rachel awhile back, so it's hard for me to drum up much sympathy for her.