Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0898  (Read 1364 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0898
« on: December 03, 2009, 11:31:01 AM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0898
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2009, 07:55:10 PM »
I love the scene in which Megan tells Philip she understands why he was going to kill her.  It's so wonderfully twisted.

It was interesting to see David be an ordinary boy again after his appearance at the antique shop.  Julia had quite a nerve, involving him in a séance without his father's consent.  But that's Julia all over.  And I think that despite her reassurances, it was risky to call upon Quentin's spirit.  He has shown that he has the potential to be a vengeful ghost.  Julia does not know what might have happened since 1897 to turn him once again into a vengeful ghost.  It may be that being a vengeful ghost is his immutable destiny.  And what did the spirit of Jamison mean when he said that Quentin's spirit was gone?  It sounds as though Quentin is beyond dead.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2009, 02:26:07 AM »
Megan's fear of Philip turns off the moment the Leviathans want it to.   Is David the Todds' superior? 

December 4, 1969!  That's sort of tomorrow....    I like the scene where Megan "understands" Philip's murderous rage, too.   The Todds then return almost completely to the impossibly happy couple, only in the service of evil!

After all the trouble getting rid of Quentin's ghost, Julia wants it back!   She casually ropes David in too, a form of child abuse really.   Was it because he was linked to Quentin?   That makes it doubly irresponsible.

Jamison's response is an example of the really interesting supernatural twists DS takes.   Most of us know why Q's ghost can't be contacted, the rest of us will know shortly.

Has someone somewhere, a fan, gotten that Leviathan tattoo on his or her wrist, I wonder?
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2009, 06:34:31 AM »
Megan to the druggist:  "This is Mrs. Todd from the antique shop down the street."
So as to distinguish it from the nameless generic antique shop up the street.

Chris to Julia:  "Then I'm really a Collins."
And Carolyn is my... ewwww!  (I know, just 3rd cousins, but still...)

Julia to Chris:  "The curse started with Quentin, yes, and then it was intended to go on to the eldest son in each succeeding generation."
Retconning, sigh

Megan to Philip:  "It WAS my fault about the book being missing."
Sexist Leviathan programming!!

Paul (thinking):  "The mark of the cairn!"
And yet, he didn't notice the same symbol around Megan's neck?  She was even fondling it while they were talking and passing notes!
(Isn't a cairn a pointy pile of stones?)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2009, 09:54:13 AM »
Julia to Chris:  "The curse started with Quentin, yes, and then it was intended to go on to the eldest son in each succeeding generation."
Retconning, sigh.

Not necessarily. Back in the forum's VantageNet days we were directed to a really great but now sadly seemingly disappeared Web site devoted to the Romano which explained that all progeny except for the eldest son is considered completely insignificant and that when someone within the tribe refers to the kin of succeeding generations, they're really only talking about the eldest son and his eldest male descendants. Takes the concept of a patriarchal society to a whole other level!  [santa_rolleyes]

Paul (thinking):  "The mark of the cairn!"
And yet, he didn't notice the same symbol around Megan's neck?  She was even fondling it while they were talking and passing notes!
(Isn't a cairn a pointy pile of stones?)

A cairn is often in a conical form, but I don't think it's required to be. Cairns are mostly meant to be memorials or landmarks.

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2010, 01:07:11 AM »
I agree that it was too risky of Julia to ask David to participate in calling Quentin's ghost. Just because Quentin's ghost was 'gone' she didn't know that contacting his spirit would NOT bring him back to have another go at getting David. I would not blame David one bit if he had said no, no, HELL NO!! to Julia's request.

The Todds kiss and make up after Philip tries to strangle Megan. It does show how sick and twisted the Leviathans have turned their relationship into. I wish we could have seen a bit more of the old normal Philip and Megan before the Leviathans sunk their claws into them.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2010, 01:41:37 AM »
Great to see you catching up on the WP IluvBarnabas! :)
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/