Author Topic: OT: If I Could Turn Back Time.......  (Read 898 times)

Offline RingoCollins

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • I think it was the trousers
    • View Profile
    • Fans On The Run
OT: If I Could Turn Back Time.......
« on: September 18, 2002, 11:51:29 PM »
Well, if anyone has been wondering where Ringo has been ......

A few weeks ago I gotta call from a pal who I worked with on the McCartney tour, who was now working with Cher and he told me they needed a substitute camera dude on a couple of weeks of the tour, and I could join up since the show was here, and I spent the last while pointing a feed camera at the backup singers and drummer for Cher, all over the southeast.   Her show had more cues than even Paul's production! and more costume changes too!!  But such a different vibe on that crew!  These folks should be in the military or something VERY structured!  and even tho we did  the same thing almost every nite, I still had a PM barking EVERY moment in my ear - pan left! zoom out!  Get those cases packed!  Vans leave at 12:37! - sheesh!  I never even got to really meet Cher, except for one quick autograph, and that almost got me booted!!   And the hotels were not as nice as the Macca tour either!  Cher was at the 5 stars, crew at Days Inn [thats really no big deal, but most did not have the Sci-Fi channel, so I am very behind on my viewing, and here on the board conversations]  I did watch today - groovy outfit on TLATKLS! - and I will be here at home for a few days, then the second leg of the McTour starts, so I am heading for Milwaukee this weekend, and will be 'fans on the run' for a few weeks again - but not so constantly this leg, so I will try to check the board again soon!  [I don't see the smileys???]

anyway, thats a brief update, and just letting ya'll know I'm still out there somewhere!

cheers,
Ringo
We sing, we dance.....and we don't need pants!

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re: OT: If I Could Turn Back Time.......
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2002, 12:36:37 AM »
Thank you, Dear.....now we can stop worrying about what room in Collinwood you might have disappeared into!!

Raineypark
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Connie

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2002, 01:16:42 AM »
Ah!  I was wondering where you were.  (Been missing your amusing posts).  Do you ever get to talk to Paul??  If so, ask him what's up with his recent hair color.  It looks kinda yechhh.

-CLC
Who wanted to marry Paul when I was 11.

Offline ProfStokes

• * Ingenious Intellect *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2002, 02:50:09 AM »
Great to hear from you again, Ringo! :)  I was wondering what had happened to you.

ProfStokes

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2002, 03:14:12 AM »
Hey Ringo  missed ya! I saw Cher was back! doesn't sound like too much fun though! on the show TLATKLS
gets to run around the house searching for the terror twins and being a damsel in distress !Lotta fun!
alos the Q man is back so Annie is in heaven

jennifer

we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Minja

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2002, 07:43:59 AM »
Ringo's Back!!![hello][beer]

Ya gotta go to the help thingy to get the emoticons and special font codes.  They're making us work to be creative here now.  ;)

But I'm not compaining! :)
[/color]
[shadow=purple,left,300]Always, Minja [beer][/shadow]
Because I knew you, I have been changed for good.
-From the song "For Good" from "Wicked"

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2002, 08:51:09 AM »
Hey, Welcome back Ringo!  Was wondering where you've been lately? Thought you might have gotten stuck in one of the Parallel time rooms or something.

As for missing the show, the good news is that the Adam storyline is FINALLY over and we don't have to hear him whine anymore about his mate not loving him!

It's good to see Cher touring again.  She is something else! I love to know where she gets all that energy from! :-)
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Birdie

• Senior Poster
  • And her little dog too
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2002, 02:42:43 PM »
Glad to see the traveling man is back on the board.  My daughter saw Cher in Boston over the summer.  She said the concert was great.  She surprised me by wanting to go.  Sorry to hear it has been a pain in the ---- to work on.  My son had a great experience he went to the Aerosmith concert in Hartford and was able to go back stage and meet some of the band.  His friend is related to one of band.  He said Steve Tyler was a hoot. I think he is still flying from the experience.  The rest of my family is green with envy.

Birdie
Birdie--
God please put your arm around my shoulder and your hand across my mouth

Offline Craig_Slocum

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Cute Craig
    • View Profile
    • Cheryl's Dark Shadows
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2002, 09:22:00 PM »

Welcome back Ringo, I just knew you were out having the time of your life somewhere!  
Cheryl,

Craig Slocum's #1 Fan