Author Topic: What if? Your pics for a hypothetical cast for a new DS tv series  (Read 1165 times)

Offline quentincollins

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
We all know that DS will never die.
If we were to get a new Dark Shadows tv series, who would be your dream cast for the new series?
I'm sure my picks will change, but off the top of my head....
Barnabas - Zachary Quinto
Julia - Anne Heche
Liz - Joanna Going (as suggested in another thread)
Roger - Michael Rosenbaum
Angelique - Nicole Kidman
Willie - Nick Stahl
Stokes - Ian McShane
Maggie - Allison Mack
Victoria - Eden Reigel

Offline quentincollins

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Re: What if? Your pics for a hypothetical cast for a new DS tv series
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2013, 01:25:04 PM »
Sam - William Shatner ( I've long thought he'd be perfect in the role, he reminds me of Sam, I could easily see him playing a boozy, bitter but good humored failure, and I think he'd hit the right notes in his relationship with Maggie, that he adores her, but depends on her to look after him.)
Joe - Tom Welling ( he certainly has the wholesome good looks for the part)

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2013, 10:18:03 PM »
Zach Quinto....love it!
Anne Heche...yuck
Don't know M. Rosenbaum; don't think N. Kidman would play it, don't know any of the other named actors.
Great topic!!
What a Woman!

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2013, 07:54:19 PM »
What a fun topic! I totally agree on Zachary Quinto, Joanna Going and William Shatner.

How about Jessica Chastain for Julia? I can't imagine anyone but a redhead as her.

AnnaSophia Robb at least looks like a plausible Angelique. (Hair color seems to be important to me....)

Tom Welling would make a suitable Joe, and Allison Mack looks like a good Maggie, just as Eden Reigel looks like a plausible Vicki. I don't know if I've ever seen any of them, though.

Still thinking about the others. I think it's plausible that Ben might have been a person of color....

Offline quentincollins

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2013, 08:57:35 PM »
I could see having a black Ben - which would also give us a black Elliott Stokes. I still think that Ian McShane would be great in that part, but there are of course many actors who'd be good in all these roles.
I could also see a lot of logic in casting a black Angelique. From what I've read white servents in Martinique in the 18th century was unheard of, as slaves were so commonly used in that time. That wouldn't make much difference in the dynamic in the modern day at all, but in the past time periods it would make a huge difference. Angelique as a black woman in the 18th century could never marry Barnabas, but she could still be his lover.  Off the top of my head I can't think of an age appropriate AA actress who I think would make a good Angelique, but I have to struggle a bit to find any younger actors anyways, as I don't keep up with young actors as much as I do older actors.
I think Nicole Kidman would be perfect as Angelique, she has the right look, and she could do those gorgeous soulless blue eyes for Angelique very well.
I do think Susan Sarandon would be great as Julia, except she's probably 30 years older than Zachary Quinto, not that it matters. Any reboot is sure to push the Barnabas/Josette clone angle anyways. But also, Susan Sarandon is gorgeous for any age.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2013, 09:28:26 PM »
Good point about Angelique. In the book Angelique's Descent, it is made clear that Angelique is partly of black ancestry. I had forgotten that.