Author Topic: Look, Midnite, I'm smiling!  (Read 1436 times)

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Look, Midnite, I'm smiling!
« on: March 15, 2002, 04:30:19 PM »
[hello]...look what I finally managed to do!  At first I was a bit [crazd] but then I got the hang of it.  Now it's working just fine [thumb] and YOU are an [angl].

Unfortunately, the tags are giving me a harder time and I'm [vryangy]....but I'll keep working on it! [wink2]

....assuming the blasted cable server doesn't take the day off AGAIN!!

Thanks so much, [grinb]
(Okay, I promise not to get completely smiley-stupid!)

Raineypark
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Look, Midnite, I'm smiling!
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2002, 06:59:51 PM »
Congratulations, Raineypark. [aprvb] You made my day!

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2002, 07:28:30 PM »
"Congratulations, Raineypark.  You made my day."

First I made your day, and now I'm going to unmake it.

I've gone round and round with the tags, but I can't get it to work.

I get the effect I'm looking for, but when I preview it, I get the "code" on either side, along with the effect!

I've tried leaving spaces, not leaving spaces and I can't remember what other possibilites, but I still come up with the 'code' in the message.

Oh, and the color change is defeating me too.
Sorry....I'm not the quick study I thought I was.

Help!!
Raineypark
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Look, Midnite, I'm smiling!I can duplicate what you're descr
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2002, 08:18:38 PM »
First I made your day, and now I'm going to unmake it.

No way, Raineypark!

I've gone round and round with the tags, but I can't get it to work.

It's probably something really simple that you're not realizing you're doing.  (Which is probably true about a lot of things in our lives, hee hee!!)

I get the effect I'm looking for, but when I preview it, I get the "code" on either side, along with the effect!

I've tried leaving spaces, not leaving spaces and I can't remember what other possibilites, but I still come up with the 'code' in the message.

I can duplicate what you're describing if the / is in the 1st tag; it has to be in the 2nd (only).  YaBB code, like HTML or even URLs, has to be exact or it won't work.

Oh, and the color change is defeating me too.
Sorry....I'm not the quick study I thought I was.

Oh no, and it's no problem to explain it!  Open the drop down menu under Black and click on "Navy".  I'm going to leave out the pairs of [ and ] for the sake of explanation cuz otherwise they won't show up in my post, so that leaves you with color=Navy and /color.  Type something between them (Quentin is a hottie or whatever!) without adding any additional spaces and with the pairs of [ and ] in place.  If it doesn't work this time, I'll be happy to take a look at it if you leave it on the board, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if you're mastering YaBB code very soon!

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2002, 04:31:04 AM »
Okay Midnite!!!  I'm a Happy Camper  ;D

I have to admit I couldn't do it by myself [vryangy] and had to resort to asking IT Techie Husband for help....but he came through like the darling boy that he really is.

Needless to say I was doing it all wrong and would never have worked it out myself without both your help and his.

So now I'm as clued in as I'm going to get, and while I probably will not use this stuff very often, it is nice to know how.

Thanks again

Raineypark  [hello]
Dylan Thomas

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2002, 04:41:22 AM »
You go, girl!!!

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2002, 08:39:42 AM »
Raineypark, call me an idiot-- I completely forgot that I can demonstrate YaBB codes so that you can see exactly how they're done.  So I might as well take advantage of it by showing you how to quote another poster's text so that it appears in the shaded box.  Instead of the quotation marks, this is what you'd type:

Code: [Select]
[quote]their words[/quote]
You can get those same tags to show up for you by clicking on the 2nd to the last light colored box.  Just make sure to insert the text you're quoting between them.

Have fun!

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2002, 03:32:59 PM »
Raineypark, call me an idiot

I would never call you an idiot!!

I'm no fool after all....I know who's good side to stay on around here!!  Otherwise, the next time I'm [bnghd] you might not be there to HELP!!

Raineypark
Dylan Thomas

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2002, 01:41:07 AM »
Yay, Raineypark!

And please don't worry-- MB and I have been with these boards since they started 3 1/2 years (and 2 servers) ago and neither of us is going to bail now.