Author Topic: Topic icons  (Read 862 times)

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Topic icons
« on: March 15, 2002, 11:24:02 AM »
There are 2 columns of icons next to each post.  The first shows the folder, with the key showing if there are a lot of posts in that thread.  But, then there's the second column.  Most just show a plain blue folder or piece of paper, or whatever it's supposed to be.  But, occasionally there's something else.  Sometimes there's the S for the spoiler warning.

Number one - other than Spoiler - what do any of the other items mean.  Number two - if one wants to do that, mark a spoiler for instance, how is it done? ?!?
Josette

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Topic icons
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2002, 05:23:54 AM »
Number one - other than Spoiler - what do any of the other items mean.  Number two - if one wants to do that, mark a spoiler for instance, how is it done? ?!?

The poster that starts a thread can choose a message icon to illustrate the content of their message, and they're available for responses too.  Just click anywhere on the bar that follows "Message icon" to open the drop down menu.  The default is the one you described, which indicates a regular article or message.  Clicking on each one makes it display next to the menu, and whichever is displaying when you submit your message is the one that'll show up in the list of topics.  A registered poster should (I think) be able to modify their choice afterwards.

Thumb up or thumb down can show the poster's approval or disapproval of the topic.  The exclamation point is for emphasis, the lamp indicates an idea/suggestion or realization, and I changed the message icon that was next to your message to a question mark since... you get the idea.  The rest are smileys.

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Topic icons
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2002, 08:25:11 AM »
How about that?!!  Thanks, Midnite!!

I had never really noticed that part and had to try it before I even understood what you were describing!  And, I had  no idea that was a question mark!  I always thought it was just a little blue circle and wondered what it stood for.  After you mentioned it, I looked closely and managed to make out the question mark in it!!!

Josette