Author Topic: Viewing Problems - Board Colors  (Read 854 times)

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Viewing Problems - Board Colors
« on: March 10, 2002, 10:25:11 AM »
The first couple of days were fine - but the last 3 or 4 days it's changed.  The listings of all the post topics are orange and are almost invisible against the board background.

When I put the cursor over a title, it turns white and shows up quite clearly.  After reading the thread, when I go back to the listings, the one I just read now appears in black, again quite visible.  In a way it's convenient, since that one topic is visible and I can, therefore, easily find my place!

The same thing happens on the boards themselves.  All of the reddish ones, the orange print doesn't show up.  So, when the post colors alternate - the grayish ones are fine.  But on the others, if I want to see who the post is from, I have to put my cursor over the name to turn it white momentarily.  And, if there are more than 1 page, again the other numbers don't show up until I put the cursor over it, etc. for anything else in that color.

It's really a nuisance, and I can't understand it since it wasn't like that the first few days. ?!?

Josette
Josette

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Viewing Problems - Board Colors
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2002, 07:32:19 PM »
It's really a nuisance, and I can't understand it since it wasn't like that the first few days. ?!?

This is only a temporary thing, Josette. It should be fixed shortly.
Without getting too technical, the forum has one HTML template which uses CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) to define the colors and layout of every page on the forum for the actual scripts that run the forum. The problem is that the color we were using for the board titles/thread titles/member names was fine for them, but the same color definition is also used for the previous topic/next topic links at the top/bottom of each thread and it was too dark to show up. Honestly, I don't like the color that I've had to choose to get everything to show up any more than you do. But I'm investigating the possibility of using buttons for previous topic/next topic rather than text (which is one of the reasons Midnite has asked everyone to share their comments concerning previous/next navigation) - and once I have that figured out, I'll change everything else back to its original color.

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Viewing Problems - Board Colors
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2002, 08:10:01 AM »
Another thank you! :) :)  For one thing, I was wondering if I was going crazy, as I was sure I didn't have that problem in the beginning!! ;D  And, it's nice to know it will be fixed.

Josette