Author Topic: **COMPENSATION**  (Read 1107 times)

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
**COMPENSATION**
« on: May 23, 2003, 02:24:28 PM »
I certainly hope the stage hand who showed up in today's 2nd ep (look in the mirror, as Carolyn is walking to the closet) gets paid.

:)Patti
What a Woman!

Offline murph

• Full Poster
  • I love Dark Shadows!!
    • View Profile
Re:**COMPENSATION**
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2003, 08:53:11 PM »
Hi Patti,

Your post made me think about those people throughout the run of the show who show up on screen that weren't supposed to.

Some that come to my mind are: the scene between Barnabas and Angelique in the Mausaleum when he first realizes what he's become, there is a guy sitting in a chair off to the side of the casket, and quickly gets himself out of the scene.  This is a very intense scene between Barnanbas and Angelique and I really have to commend Jonathan and Lara for being able to stay in character when this happened.  I know if it was me I would have burst out laughing which definitely would not have been appropriate especially because of the nature of the scene.  Second is in the basement of the old house when Willy is sitting against the brick wall (I believe this is when Trask had bricked up Barnabas) anyway this is when Willy says to himself that something has given him the "Willys" and that strikes him as funny,  just then a stagehand or whoever steps into the scene and just as quickly realizes it and steps out of it.

I've long wondered what became of those people who were included in a scene when they shouldn't have been.  I wonder if Dan Curtis fired them for making that mistake which I think is a pretty big blunder or did Dan just blow it off.  I've never seen or heard anywhere what he was like to work for.  I personally don't think one mistake like that warranted being fired but maybe it did.  I've never worked in the entertainment industry.

Thanks,

Murph

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2003, 09:30:35 PM »
I've never seen or heard anywhere what he was like to work for.

Well, just wait until the Members' Archive reopens and you get to read comments some of the DS staff/actors have made over the years regarding their time working for DC.  :o

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2003, 10:35:01 PM »
Kinda same thread here; does anyone know the layout of the sets?

I mean if JF & GH were filming Act I from 1pm-1:45pm, on the set of the Old House, and at 1:50pm David Selby (just an example) was slated to be in Act II on the terrace, did any actors ever accidentally get into wrong shots?

I know some of the people on this board were at the stage during filming (at least I think I know that; I've a temperature of 102 now...so...)

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Debra

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2003, 08:38:25 AM »
Your post made me think about those people throughout the run of the show who show up on screen that weren't supposed to.

I remember those Murph.  The funny thing is that I can only remember people from the camera crew or stage hands accidently getting into these scenes but never an actual actress/actor from the show.  Its something how one of the actors never accidently walked into a scene that was not their own.

Deb

Offline Miss_Winthrop

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2003, 02:23:20 PM »
I've never seen or heard anywhere what he was like to work for.

Well, just wait until the Members' Archive reopens and you get to read comments some of the DS staff/actors have made over the years regarding their time working for DC.  :o

I'm hoping that when it reopens, it will be easier for us AOL users to access.  Several months back I tried to access some of the other interesting areas on this web-site but was shut out because of my IPS.  I did attempt to follow the instructions by going thru Yahoo but still was unable to  access.
One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.
~Virginia Woolf

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2003, 09:26:11 PM »
I'm hoping that when it reopens, it will be easier for us AOL users to access.  Several months back I tried to access some of the other interesting areas on this web-site but was shut out because of my IPS.  I did attempt to follow the instructions by going thru Yahoo but still was unable to  access.

Sorry that you had problems back then, Miss Winthrop, but I think you might have been confusing two seperate AOL issues:

AOL wouldn't accept e-mail from the forum's old setup (to this day we're still unsure as to whether that was due to AOL's blocking of YaBB SP itself or our old host - and, of course, AOL was of no help whatsoever when I tried to get a straight answer from them >:(), so AOLers had to create a different e-mail address with Web based services like Yahoo, Hotmail, etc. in order to have been able to receive e-mail from us.

With the Members' Archive, there were security issues between the archive and the way IE worked within AOL, so we'd asked that AOLers bring IE up seperately from AOL. In other words, AOLers would have logged on to the service as usual, but instead of typing the forum's URL into the box on AOL's main screen or using an AOL favorite places bookmark, they would have had to bring IE (or almost any other browser) up in Windows or their Mac OS in order to get into the Members' Archive.

We're not sure if either of these requirements will continue to be the case with YaBB SE or our new host. But once registrations and the Members' Archive reopen, we'll certainly do our best to explain whatever process might be required of AOLers to gain access. :)