Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0965  (Read 1287 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0965
« on: March 27, 2010, 12:11:27 AM »

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Discuss - Ep #0965
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2010, 04:54:24 AM »
That classic old lightning bolt beloved from a thousand films and TV episodes is used here upside down.  Anyone know the origin of this stock footage?

Maggie is psychic.  Oh, it was the Ang spell.  Alright, I'll give them that one.  ***  Jeb has poor peripheral vision-- he can't see Nick standing there to his left.   Blair is finding out that it's hard to talk a revolutionary leader into wanting a revolution, especially if he has a tiny attention span.

Barnabas apparently cleaned Q's coffin very meticulously of every speck of dirt before opening it.  Hurry up!   His portrait's suffocating!

Julia said she has no reason to believe Jeb, regarding his sudden supposed reformation... but Quentin said he was a man of his word!  Jeb said he'd do something horrible to Quentin, and he did!   Get Q downstairs right now to vouch for the man's integrity!    That's some look Barnabas gave Jeb from the stairs....

I like to contemplate that "charred and blackened star" and what the scene could have been like then...
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2010, 06:29:16 AM »
That stock lightning footage could have been in a zillion films and TV shows, but it sure was hillarious, wasn't it? Upsidedown lightning. Only on DS, folks.

What do you suppose Barnabas was comtemplating so intensely there in the drawing room? Perhaps he was thinking about re-stuffing the cushions in his chairs. You know, they've been flat for ages.

Jeb: I'm not what I seem." Yes, you are. To me you seem an ass and you are.

Dig (heh, heh) Quentin's coffin. Blue coffin, brown lid. Were all the tech people stoned when they made this show?

And what is with Julia? Is she ready for the Collinsport 4th of July parade or what? Red hair, blue suit, white frilly blouse. Hooray for the red, white and blue!

I wonder what delectable scenes would have transpired had Trick Nicky met up with Jason McGuire?

Zombie Role:
Did you have any luck finding work today, Jim?
Why, yes. I got a part playing a one-eyed zombie at ABC. Put away the Kraft Macaroni & Cheese, darling. We are eating out in style tonight.

I'm curious to know when Nicky came back and how is is associated with the Leviathans.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2010, 11:08:01 AM »
Zombie Role:
Did you have any luck finding work today, Jim?
Why, yes. I got a part playing a one-eyed zombie at ABC. Put away the Kraft Macaroni & Cheese, darling. We are eating out in style tonight.
The guy threw in a limp as well, out of gratitude I guess.  That kept distracting me.

Maggie is psychic.  Oh, it was the Ang spell.  Alright, I'll give them that one.
You're more charitable than I.  Angelique's spell didn't make Josette psychic, so why should it make Maggie psychic?

I was thinking most of the way through the episode that the whole Quentin-buried-alive business was terribly lame - he was dug up again before you could say Jack Robinson - but then when we had the ceremony at the Leviathan altar it became clear that they just were looking for a reason to disable Quentin temporarily so that Barnabas could play the hero.  I'm sure that when the Leviathan storyline was planned, Barnabas was to have played the part that Nicholas Blair played today, and once the altar collapsed, we would have seen him sitting on the ground rubbing his head saying he had to go to the Old House because Josette was waiting for him.  I wish we could have seen Julia giving the box a good whack with the sceptre, but I suppose that was never in anybody's plans.

Back to the lameness of the Quentin-buried alive business - yesterday there was a headstone where Quentin was buried.  I tried to read it, but couldn't.  Today it was gone, and Maggie noted that there was no headstone for the freshly dug grave.  And wasn't it convenient that the zombies left their shovel by the grave for Barnabas to use?  It sort of bugs me that the guy is always expected to do the digging.  Back in 1966, I'll bet Maggie was pretty good at physical labor.  But now she's the ingenue, so Barnabas has to do it.  Where was Willie? 

Hey, there wasn't any dry ice when Julia was experimenting in Jeb's room!  Bunch of cheapskates.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2010, 02:53:13 AM »
So the portrait keeps Quentin young and immortal??  Would he just have smothered to death and then come back to life! It's all so confusing….but then again this is DS! Did Jeb put a light in the coffin with Q.  It's lit very well!

I just love the OLD HOUSE! I would much rather live there than Collinwood!  Too bad the (real) mansion was burned down! What fun it would have been to visit that place as well.

How nice of the zombies to bring Julia's jacket with her.

Something flashed behind Barnabas and Maggie???  Maybe it was the upside down lightning!

“Dr. it's got to be possible!” Jeb  LOL  That look that Julia (Grayson) shot at Jeb (CP) was HIGHlarious! I rewound it and cackled many times.  Julia/Grayson’s brings much amusement to my life! Thank you Grayson Hall!

I always thought Selby could pull off the most convincing kisses. Better than other male on the show.  He always looks comfortable.  Everyone else seems like "Oh now it's time for the kiss...lets get this over with!"

This incantation seems like a redux of an old one??  Am I imagining things?  Oh so Jeb and Barnabas work together!  Interesting!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2010, 08:00:51 AM »
Ah, so Maggie has been sequestered at Windcliff.

The camera blooper in this one came when it panned over to the other side of a pillar in the Old House, revealing Barnabas' reflection the mirror.

The sudden return of Angelique's love spell on Maggie and Quentin was ludicrous.  You should practically be able to make out CLUMSY PLOT DEVICE in the prongs of the pitchforks.

Blair is finding out that it's hard to talk a revolutionary leader into wanting a revolution, especially if he has a tiny attention span.

Ooh, marvy!

This incantation seems like a redux of an old one??  Am I imagining things?

You're not imagining anything.  It's a lot like Evan's when he attempted to summon the Devil.

Janet, fictional scenes are subject to removal.  Thanks.