Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0954  (Read 2571 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0954
« on: March 12, 2010, 12:58:18 AM »

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Discuss - Ep #0954
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2010, 07:58:49 AM »
A little psychodelia is dropped into the teaser.   ***   I find that Sky's mug on my TV repels me.   He sounds very dopey talking with Ang about how business deals always go his way, and saying "Guess I'm just lucky!!"

Ooooh, bat squeakings!  Meg's gonna get bit!!    At least more stuff is happening in the story, even if it's often dumb stuff.   I like my DS busy.

Blair to Ang: "The pleasure has to be mine!"  Good one.  Nick is practically breaking his own face with his intensely wicked smiling.    He obviously is amused at hearing that a creature of the underworld like Ang has been doing something as silly as modelling.   

What if Ang burns?  Back to Hell?   And as the ep ends, Sky tries to create new dish, flaming Angelique shishkebab.   Way to burn down your own mansion, bonehead.   Well, maybe she absorbs it all.  How many minutes elapsed between Sky's thoughful gift of the figurine, and deciding to burn her alive?   Two?
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2010, 04:25:55 PM »
What if Ang burns?  Back to Hell?

Yup.

Way to burn down your own mansion, bonehead.   Well, maybe she absorbs it all.

The fire would only consume Ang. At least that's the way it worked when Barn and Ben burned her in Collinwood's tower room back in Ep #665.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2010, 06:13:24 PM »
The whole Diabolos/Nicholas/Angelique triangle got one notch more complicated today, when we learned that Nicholas hadn't known that Angelique was married to Sky Rumson.

What a road Megan has travelled - from Philip to Jeb to Barnabas.  It's good to see Barnabas using his need for blood intelligently.  I suppose I should feel sorry for Megan, and I do feel sorry for the woman who, way back when, was so happy to be running an antique shop with her husband, but that woman no longer exists.

I thought Geoffery Scott's performance wasn't all bad today - not wooden through and through.  Granted, he didn't make it as interesting as some of the other actors on the show could have done.  Sky was presented with a choice between the two things he loved most - Angelique and the Leviathans - and although he balked at first, it apparently didn't take long before he was all set to torch the love of his life.  (PS, the flame on that torch was beautiful.)  I didn't see any particular internal struggle, but in the closing scene, at least he managed to get some enthusiasm into his voice as he held the fire out to Angelique.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2010, 11:29:45 PM »
2/19/70

Didn't The Leviathans say that spirits are vengeful against them?  Megan is sure in love with Jeb eh??  I am really glad to see Angie back on the scene!  It's so HIGHlarious to see her and Nicholas meeting once again!  The tension is as thick as lead!  As Julia warned making B a vamp again was a big mistake for Jeb.   DUMB ASS!!!!

I think that MW plays her affections for Barnabas very sexually charged.  “OOOH YES!”  It seemed the show go a bit more racy around this time with gore and sexual overtones…or am I reading too much into?? 

It was nice of Barnabutt……huhhum….Barnabas to go see Angelique.   That was very big of him.  Lara I think looks particularly gorgeous in her black dress.  However, Lara Parker would probably look good in a bur lap sac!   Will Angie disappear once again??
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2010, 11:50:51 PM »
DUMB ASS!!!!

And yet, the rest of him's even dumber.... after all, that's where his brains are!

I wonder if all the swift changes are adding to Megan's erotically-charged state, if that's what it is.   That seems to make sense to me, but I can't explain it.    anyway, it's Jeb/Meg that I thought was more interesting.   They were dancing on the edge of a very original, somewhat interestingly disturbing change in relationship.  A smart writer (or a writer allowed to be smart by his boss) could have mined that.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2010, 04:38:15 AM »
We have Nicholas (who admitted to not having the powers he once had) siccing Sky (who is is as powerless as he is clueless) on Angelique (whose powers are at full strength).  It's pretty clear who will win that round.

Nicholas to Megan: "Burning a corpse merely disposes of a body; the spirit of that body cannot be burned."
The author of that little nugget was Gordon Russell, who also penned ep #1001 set in 1970 PT in which [spoiler]Quentin torches his wife's coffin in an attempt to destroy both her body and spirit.[/spoiler] Forgetful much?

Nick to Angelique:  "How typically female-- you overlook your own deception, but you're furious about his."
This from the man who blasted Jeb for harboring the same feelings for Carolyn that he once had for Maggie.  Which makes him a sexist AND a hypocrite.

Ange to Sky:  "I've seen the light."
And I bet it wasn't white nor bright nor aimed toward heaven.

Ange to Sky:  "You're the one who preached to me about keeping secrets, and ever since we've been married, you have kept the darkest secret of all. You're one of them, aren't you? You're one of the Leviathans."
She has a point-- Sky did declare once upon a time that not keeping secrets was rule #1 for their marriage, but in the hierarchy of dark secret-keeping, is being a Leviathan follower further down than worshipping the Prince of Darkness?

As she prepares to leave her husband, she begins packing the same little blue suitcase that has made the rounds at Collinwood and that probably wouldn't hold enough toiletries, clothing and shoes to get her through a single day.

(PS, the flame on that torch was beautiful.)  I didn't see any particular internal struggle, but in the closing scene, at least he managed to get some enthusiasm into his voice as he held the fire out to Angelique.
Sky bad.  Fire pretty.  [ghost_wink]

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2010, 04:55:56 AM »
Nicholas to Megan: "Burning a corpse merely disposes of a body; the spirit of that body cannot be burned."
The author of that little nugget was Gordon Russell, who also penned ep #1001 set in 1970 PT in which [spoiler]Quentin torches his wife's coffin in an attempt to destroy both her body and spirit.[/spoiler] Forgetful much?

Perhaps they figure the physics of it works differently in PT. It's made other choices.  [ghost_wink]

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2010, 05:28:21 AM »
Heh heh!  [ghost_cheesy]

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2010, 05:42:19 AM »
Nick to Angelique:  "How typically female-- you overlook your own deception, but you're furious about his."
This from the man who blasted Jeb for harboring the same feelings for Carolyn that he once had for Maggie.  Which makes him a sexist AND a hypocrite.
Do you expect a servant of Diabolos to have angelic virtues?

She has a point-- Sky did declare once upon a time that not keeping secrets was rule #1 for their marriage, but in the hierarchy of dark secret-keeping, is being a Leviathan follower further down than worshipping the Prince of Darkness?
But Angelique had abandoned her powers, whereas Sky was still a Leviathan follower.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2010, 08:10:27 AM »
Do you expect a servant of Diabolos to have angelic virtues?
Nooo, I don't. [ghost_smiley]  Sexism and hypocrisy are ugly, period.  As are Angelique's out-of-control selfishness and jealousy, and she serves the same Master.

But Angelique had abandoned her powers, whereas Sky was still a Leviathan follower.

That's true, but a habitual drinker who abstains from alcohol is still an alcoholic, and in the DS universe, a witch who abandons her powers is still very much a witch.

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2010, 04:16:03 AM »
I do love the shocked look Angelique has when she sees Nicholas and realized that Barnabas was right.

Sky goes from devoted husband to potential wife murdered. Gee what a nice, trust-worthy guy Angelique married...NOT!!

Sky was a hypocrite as well as Nicholas...he lectured Angelique about being totally completely honest, when he himself hasn't been telling her everything.

I loved how Megan threatened Nicholas over Jeb...but Nicholas wasn't going to have it.

It's amazing how totally devoted Megan is to Jeb...more so over her own husband. It's also sad. I believe the old Megan would have fought tooth and nail to clear Philip. But she will never be the same Megan again.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2010, 02:06:02 AM »
Look who can be seen passing by...

...which begs the question:  Having just been bitten, how the heck did she end up on Little Windward?  [ghost_wink]

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2010, 08:44:24 AM »
I can only assume that, desperate to be bitten again, Megan grabbed onto Barnabas's batwings and wouldn't let go.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2010, 09:48:36 AM »
That's Nick's spy-mirror!