Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0941  (Read 1243 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0941
« on: February 22, 2010, 11:41:53 PM »

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Discuss - Ep #0941
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2010, 12:10:09 AM »
I don't think Jeb promised Carolyn "liberation" in the previous version of the first scene.   Q confronts Jeb... two big guys in a room full of breakables!   Jeb has powers... how can he be beaten up?   Q has a strange vest.

During a lightning flash, we actually see outside landscape from the Drawing Room!   There's high ground to the left, and a grassy slope falling away on the right.   Q's eyes really lit up at Liz's offer of brandy!
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2010, 06:51:23 AM »
Where did Jeb get his I'm-so-hip-man jargon from?  Nobody else in Collinsport talks that way, and you can bet he didn't get it from Oberon or Haza.

Q confronts Jeb... two big guys in a room full of breakables!
I was sort of disappointed that we didn't see more priceless antiques being wielded as weapons.

Elizabeth was such fun today!  So terribly worried that she might somehow have been deemed unworthy to see Our Leader, and, as far as I can tell, willing to sacrifice Carolyn if it turned out that Carolyn was an enemy of the Leviathans.  And, course, beautiful in her black dress and pearls.

I'm finding I don't like the Barnabas-Maggie pairing, despite the fact that I do like Maggie.  Back when the show originally aired and I was young and stupid, I was all for a happily-ever-after for Barnabas and Maggie.  Of course, I hadn't seen what Barnabas did to her when he first knew her.  Now my opinion is that he got past Maggie in 1967, and he shouldn't be returning to her.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2010, 02:37:44 PM »
Where did Jeb get his I'm-so-hip-man jargon from?  Nobody else in Collinsport talks that way, and you can bet he didn't get it from Oberon or Haza.

That's a very good question. Maybe while the Leviathan creature was morphing in the room between phases, Megan let it watch '60s hippie/beach/teen movies on TV so it wouldn't feel so lonely and to help it pass the time.  [b003]  If so, perhaps it's favorite was '65's The Beach Girls And The Monster, which features a reptilian creature covered in seaweed - not all that different from the droppings we see the Leviathan creature itself leave behind.  ;)  And for all we know it identified with that creature and patterned it's entire method to woo Carolyn on that film.  [lghy]

Q has a strange vest.

As will become evident in subsequent eps, Q is wearing a gray topcoat over a gray suit (the "vest" is actually the suit's jacket ;)). Apparently TPTB decided gray would be one of Q's favorite colors of choice in the present. Apparently he was also way ahead of the coming men's monochromatic look of the past decade or so.  [b003]

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2010, 08:02:46 AM »
What a well done fight.  Oops, Jeb smacked the future "stairway through time" with a chair.

And yet another Barn & Maggie moment.  This is getting to be a habit.

Poor Liz, surprised by a ringer for the Ghost of Quentin with her unconscious daughter in his arms.  I would've screamed too.

Carolyn to Liz:  "Sometimes he seems quite mad and other times he's charming."
I guess I was in the bathroom during all of Jeb's charming moments.

From the Jonathan Frid Mangled Dialogue Collection:
Barnabas:  "Carolyn, you must forget about your father and take care of your health. Now you must do this. You and I are going to be firm."

I don't think Jeb promised Carolyn "liberation" in the previous version of the first scene.

I *think* they drank a toast to it in both.

Q confronts Jeb... two big guys in a room full of breakables!

lol  They managed to avoid the pretty copper pots, only to have Jeb knock them all on the floor in a fit of anger.

Jeb has powers... how can he be beaten up?

Barnabas was concerned that Jeb would get to his room and transform, so maybe that's how he becomes powerful.  Though it seemed that Jeb hypnotized Maggie in the woods, or are we supposed to think she was paralyzed with fear?

I was sort of disappointed that we didn't see more priceless antiques being wielded as weapons.

Something in that store is priceless??!!

Is the lighted upstairs window supposed to be Carolyn's room?

Maggie is being held in the Stockbridge crypt!

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2010, 05:57:00 PM »
I guess I was in the bathroom during all of Jeb's charming moments.

I strongly suspect we all were.

Is the lighted upstairs window supposed to be Carolyn's room?

In previous eps it has always been Vicki/Josette/Rachel/Maggie's room. But, hey - if the tower can jump all around so that it can be seen from different parts of the house, I suppose that lit window on the second floor can indicate any number of rooms.  [lghy]  ::)

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2010, 01:57:16 PM »
Maggie and Barnabas was a habit for the writers. Maggie and Barn had history, and he didn't
want to let go of something safe, that would never happen.

I think that Barnabas already showed who he cared about Julia.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate