Author Topic: The B-man and Cassie  (Read 1344 times)

Offline Birdie

• Senior Poster
  • And her little dog too
    • View Profile
The B-man and Cassie
« on: June 21, 2002, 06:47:03 PM »
Just my two cents worth.  He gives in very easy.  This is the second time he has offered himself to her.  Have to go with the subconscious thing and think he really wants to be with her.  The chemistry and the passion between them is so apparent.

Birdie
Birdie--
God please put your arm around my shoulder and your hand across my mouth

Offline Carol

• * Fiction Filly *
    Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • New York Cat
    • View Profile
Re: The B-man and Cassie
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2002, 07:38:31 PM »
Just my two cents worth.  He gives in very easy.  This is the second time he has offered himself to her.  Have to go with the subconscious thing and think he really wants to be with her.  The chemistry and the passion between them is so apparent.

I wholeheartedly agree! If it were not for the class thing, Barnabas would have married Angelique and probably have had a happy life, lots of sex, and plenty of offspring.  

He and Josette were of the same class but probably would have had a dull life. Like most aristocrats, B would have had his mistresses but Angelique did not want to settle for that role in life.
carolinamooon

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream" - Edgar Allan Poe

Offline Cassandra

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2002, 09:23:42 PM »
He and Josette were of the same class but probably would have had a dull life. Like most aristocrats, B would have had his mistresses but Angelique did not want to settle for that role in life.

Amen to that!  I love the chemistry between Angelique & Baranbas, always have.  I've always felt that she was more of a "woman" to him,  while Josette reminded me more of a spoiled & whiney little girl.  After a few years married to Josette, I could just hear her saying "not tonight dear, I have a headache!"  I never felt there was any chemistry between them either.  Where as whenever he was with Angelique, you could almost see the sparks flying across the room. The passion between them was great.   ;)

SPOILER...............SPOILER...............SPOILER....SPOILER

Also, its evident that deep down in his subconscious that perhaps, he does still feel that same hot passion for Angelique,  as we will later come to see in another storyline, which proves it was there all along. ;)
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Bj

• Junior Poster
  • I've always been quite fond of you, Liz...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2002, 02:11:01 AM »

He and Josette were of the same class but probably would have had a dull life.

I hate to break the news, but that would have probably suited Barnabas because he's rather dull himself.  ;D
Jason: "There's just one thing I don't understand..."
Willie: "I didn't do it -- I swear!"

Offline Lindsey

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2002, 04:34:28 AM »
Definately, Angelique and Barnabas are my favorite couple. They are what hooked me to the show. There is so much depth and passion to their relationship. I, too, thought that Josette was whiney and would eventually become dull.

I have just loved these past few episodes especially. It is wonderful watching Cassandra/Angelique because she goes back and forth between love and vengeance so fast. I believe she truly has been wanting Barnabas throughout the entire Dream Curse, but has been forced to carry out the curse. (probably because of Nicholas or Diablos) Also, I believe Barnabas still is in love with her subconsciously. I just wanted to pound Nicholas today when he told her she couldn't break the curse!

I love this show!

-Lindsey
"What is the truth?" 
"That I love you.  No matter how much I fight my feelings, I will always love you."
                          -Barnabas and Angelique 1840

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2002, 08:21:34 AM »
What a great post and have to agree He does seem to be drawn to her too much and protests too much!
that is the real reason he would not go off with Julia
i guess!

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2008, 02:51:35 AM »
He and Josette were of the same class but probably would have had a dull life.

I hate to break the news, but that would have probably suited Barnabas because he's rather dull himself.  ;D

Definitely disagree with you there. Barnabas was NEVER dull. Before the curse, he may have simply have been a 'modern' man, as Josette put it, but he was still so fascinating to watch.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2008, 09:06:09 AM »
I don't know about that.  I think the point about Barnabas is that until Josette ran off with Jeremiah he was a dull, unenterprising, virtuous young man.  What makes him fascinating to watch during that time is the knowledge that he turned into someone so different.  I know the affair with Angelique suggests hidden depths - but that was a very small part of his character until events started twisting him out of his original shape.

Before things started happening, Barnabas and Josette were a perfect couple, and I believe they would have lived happily ever after.  By 1968, they no longer fit together.