Author Topic: The Return of Angelique  (Read 1480 times)

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
The Return of Angelique
« on: November 02, 2002, 10:29:32 AM »
This has to be one of my favorite Angelique episodes (I hadn't realized it was coming quite so soon).  Usually, she's doing such horrid things that one has to hate her (love her portrayal, but hate the character).  But this time, it's really fun to see how she handles them, especially Evan.  I really enjoy her here.  And that line, "If you wanted to avoid trouble you should never have sent for me," must be one of the best of the whole series.
Josette

Connie

Re: The Return of Angelique
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2002, 10:49:35 AM »
This has to be one of my favorite Angelique episodes (I hadn't realized it was coming quite so soon).

It was GREAT.  And ya know what?  I don't remember ever seeing the episode before.  Never had it on tape!  I was glued to the screen like some DS newbie.  LOL
But I'll tell ya.....I had a hard time concentrating on Angelique 'cause I couldn't take my eyes off that dress!!  Thought it was just about the most beautiful dress I've ever seen.  I don't remember EVER seeing it in the storyline.  Does she ever wear it again?  All I remember is that green one that I can't stand.

I can't keep from studying that dress!  LOL  I keep wondering if I could ever make something like it, or maybe a blouse along those lines.  Anyway, I think she looked SO gorgeous in that thing!

And that line, "If you wanted to avoid trouble you should never have sent for me," must be one of the best of the whole series.

ROFL!  Yes!  That was the best!  God, I LOVE 1897.

-CLC

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2002, 11:08:33 AM »
Josette Wrote:
I really enjoy her here.  And that line, "If you wanted to avoid trouble you should never have sent for me," must be one of the best of the whole series.

Yes! I love that line!  And how true it is too!

I had seen these episodes before but like you, I didn't think that her arrival was this soon into the storyline.

It's good to see her back though. I loved how she couldn't take her eyes off of Quentin and at the same time, simply just ignored Evan Hanley.  She seemed to dislike him from the start.  It's almost as if she recognized him to be a Nickolas Blair look a like.

I had to laugh when Evan kept telling Quentin that "we have to send her back"  did he really think it would be that easy?  I don't think so.  Now that she sees Barnabas is there, she isn't going anywhere in a hurry!
"Calamity Jane"

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2002, 11:08:47 AM »
You took most of the words right out of my mouth, Josette!

I am not an Angelique fan by any stretch of the imagination, but I loved todays scenes with her. They were perfectly executed and showed Lara Parker at the top of her game (IMHO). Her performance was a lot less over the top (calm and confident) and it worked to sheer perfection.  And she looked ravishing! Her costume was awesome and she looked splendid in it. I couldn't take me eyes off of her (which is usually not the case for me). Her "handling" of Evan and seduction of Quentin in the cottage was to die for. Classic Angelique! And she's back with a vengeance.

I kept thinking, these boys have played with fire and now they are going to get burned.

dom

Offline JWGucciEnvy

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Soap Opera Saga
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2002, 02:55:15 PM »
I have never really seen the character of Angelique before.  I am mostly familiar with episodes 210-350.

I just fell in love with Angelique.  I love the fact that she is obsess with Barnabas IF I Can have him no one will.

(But i think she should go for Quentin!!)

I love the comment about when she gets annoyed at her friends she chokes them...Anglique is a DIVA.  With that attiude she can go up against any soap b*tch. (Which tend to me my favs).

I love Soap Operas & Comic Books

Offline VictoriaWintersRox

• Full Poster
  • Vickified
    • View Profile
    • The Regal Beagle
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2002, 07:25:50 PM »
I thought Lara Parker was great in the episode! I enjoyed her comment about her doing that to her friends when they annoy her. So far this is one of my favorite Angelique episodes. I'm glad she's back. She always adds something to the episodes she's in.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2002, 07:40:56 PM »
Gianni, I just loved your comments about Angelique!  Things are never dull when she's around.  I hope you'll continue to share your reactions as the storyline progresses. :D

But I'll tell ya.....I had a hard time concentrating on Angelique 'cause I couldn't take my eyes off that dress!!  Thought it was just about the most beautiful dress I've ever seen.  I don't remember EVER seeing it in the storyline.  Does she ever wear it again?  All I remember is that green one that I can't stand.

Unfortunately, no, she doesn't wear it again.

Offline Cassandra Blair

• Full Poster
  • Hey sailor, how 'bout I light your Lucky?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2002, 08:48:57 PM »
I love the comment about when she gets annoyed at her friends she chokes them...

I KNOW!!! Just love the little 'tude she cops the minute she shows up - this has to be one of her best scenes on the whole show!
My lady abandoned heaven, abandoned earth...to Ray's Wig World she descended.

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2002, 09:28:29 PM »
1897 is when Angelique is at her best She has truly
mastered being evil and is not as whiny as she was as Cassandra!

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV