Author Topic: BACK FROM HALLOWEEN  (Read 5786 times)

Offline Cassandra

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
Re: BACK FROM HALLOWEEN
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2002, 12:53:24 PM »
Vam Wrote:
Actually I was trying for an aged Cassandra... The photo depicts before and after Sam Evans touches up Angelique"s portrait.  

(Cassandra, I know next to Lara, who always looks wonderful, anyone would look bad. But to suggest I resemble Bathia Mapes...)  

Ooh, I see,  sorry about the mix-up Vam.  I had totally forgotten all about the aged Angelique and the portrait and with the gray wig and black cape, I immediatley thought of[kaiokn] Bathia Mapes.[kaiokn]  Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Hey, Bathia Mapes or not, you still looked great! :-)
"Calamity Jane"

Offline ProfStokes

• * Ingenious Intellect *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2002, 09:20:52 AM »
Riding the coat-tails of this post...For those of you who are interested, I've begun to post my report of the Halloween event at MrJuggins's board, http://pub69.ezboard.com/fdarkshadowsgothicsoapoperafrm1.showMessage?topicID=1376.topic There were a couple of interesting anecdotes during Friday's Q&A session about Grayson Hall and about Joan Bennett among other things.  I hope to post Saturday and Sunday later this week.  Enjoy!

ProfStokes

Connie

« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2002, 10:16:13 AM »
Riding the coat-tails of this post...For those of you who are interested, I've begun to post my report of the Halloween event at MrJuggins's board

THIS was a joy to read.  So interesting.  And DETAILED.
Jeez -- how do you remember all this stuff?  Do you take shorthand or use a cassette recorder or something?
I love the anecdotes.
I can't believe you all had to stand on line for 2 hours.  I never would have lasted.

Thanks for posting your account.  I can't wait for the next installment.  It's great for some of us poor, unfortunate souls who can't make it to these events.

[thumb]

-CLC
Oh...and don't forget to post the link here when you get your next installment written, okay?  I don't belong to that message board and I don't want to miss it.  Thanks.

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2002, 01:39:59 PM »
Riding the coat-tails of this post...For those of you who are interested, I've begun to post my report of the Halloween event at MrJuggins's board, http://pub69.ezboard.com/fdarkshadowsgothicsoapoperafrm1.showMessage?topicID=1376.topic There were a couple of interesting anecdotes during Friday's Q&A session about Grayson Hall and about Joan Bennett among other things.  I hope to post Saturday and Sunday later this week.  Enjoy!

ProfStokes

Hi Professor, I just finished reading your great report on Tim' s board and I really enjoyed it!!  You would really make a good writer or News Reporter!  Even after a slow start on Friday night it still sounds like you had a great time!

The ladies of DS are all so gracious and it was great hearing them tell of their fond memories of some of their cast members, especially of the ones who are no longer with us.  

Thanks Prof. for sharing this with us unfortunate ones who couldn't attend this year.  Im looking forward to the next installent!   :-)
"Calamity Jane"

Offline ROBINV

• ** Robservationist **
  • Senior Poster
  • The Write Stuff
    • View Profile
    • Personal site of Robin Vogel
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2002, 03:23:34 PM »
Beautifully written descriptiuon of the events, Profstokes, as always.  I enjoyed every word.  Too bad all the men except Roger Davis couldn't make it, but them's the breaks, I guess.  I know KLS hated working with Roger Davis, too, so imagine if she had been there!  Except for Lara, it sounds like he was most of the ladies' least favorite fella on DS.

Love, Robin

Offline Teresa

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2002, 03:53:06 PM »
Well, at least those 2 hours gave everyone enough time to really get to know each other. And, the next day we got to know each other even more during another 2 or so hours :-) At least the line was more like a cocktail party at times. You could move around and chit chat.
PS- I tried to get a quote on here but after 3 tries, I just gave up.
Teresa
" Some day we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny"

Offline Carol

• * Fiction Filly *
    Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • New York Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2002, 04:24:54 PM »
Your report on the DS Halloween Party was great. I hope you are thinking about a career in Journalism. Loved reading the ladies memories of their time together. Be sure to let us know about the second installment.
carolinamooon

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream" - Edgar Allan Poe

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2002, 08:49:25 PM »
PS- I tried to get a quote on here but after 3 tries, I just gave up.

Teresalita, if you mean you couldn't quote a post, the easiest way is to click "Quote" and edit out whatever text you don't want to use, but leaving everything that's inside the brackets.  But if you meant you couldn't copy & paste because right click isn't working, you can click Edit/Copy, then Edit/Paste, or use Ctrl + C then Ctrl + V.  Did that help?

Offline Teresa

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2002, 01:37:26 AM »

Teresalita, if you mean you couldn't quote a post, the easiest way is to click "Quote" and edit out whatever text you don't want to use, but leaving everything that's inside the brackets.  But if you meant you couldn't copy & paste because right click isn't working, you can click Edit/Copy, then Edit/Paste, or use Ctrl + C then Ctrl + V.  Did that help?

Thanks Midnite,
I think I must have edited out a bracket. The quote would show up in my preview but not in a box. I think it was just too early in the morning for me or something :-)
" Some day we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny"

Offline Minja

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2002, 06:53:05 AM »

Hey Prof. Stokes!  Just got back from Mr. Juggin's board and loved your account of the Friday nite Ladie's panel!  
Great to hear their recollections on fellow DS actors as well as others like DeNiro!  Whew!  HeeHee...can't you hear him say to LP..."you talkin' bout me?"

Bob, don't you remember last year on Sunday after watching NODS that you led the jam to the Partridge tune..."I woke up in love this morning"?  All us girls singing along with you?  Hmmmm, if you don't, we can blame it on the orange bippies we polished off!  Ahhhh, the memories! [wink2]  

[shadow=purple,left,300]
Always, Minja [wink2]
[/shadow]
[/size]
"I woke up in love this morning..went to sleep with Q on my mind!"  HeeHee!
Because I knew you, I have been changed for good.
-From the song "For Good" from "Wicked"

Offline Bobubas

• Full Poster
  • The Gates of Hell.
    • View Profile
    • Bob's Dark Shadow Event Photos
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2002, 02:50:16 AM »
Bob, don't you remember last year on Sunday after watching NODS that you led the jam to the Partridge tune..."I woke up in love this morning"?  All us girls singing along with you?  Hmmmm, if you don't, we can blame it on the orange bippies we polished off!  Ahhhh, the memories!

Of course I remember.:)  My most vivid memory of that time is singing I Think I love You and having Lorraine as my personal groupie ;)
Your Focus Determines Your Reality!
Everything in Life is only for now!

Offline ProfStokes

• * Ingenious Intellect *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2002, 10:21:13 AM »
Many thanks to all who have read and commented about my first segment!  I'm so happy that you liked it! :)

I've just posted the second part of my report.  You can access it through the original link (just scroll down) or you can visit my new Tarrytown web site (designed and established by the generous and talented victoriawinters [hello])  The site will feature the complete report of events as well as some of my pictures from the weekend.  Currently, it's still under construction, but feel free to drop by and take a look over the next few days to see what's new. http://www.geocities.com/professorstokes2002/index.html  

Also, I'd like to encourage the other folks who were in Tarrytown to share their memories as well.  It's enjoyable to read everybody's different perspectives of an event.  Furthermore, I write these reports from memory and it's very possible that I may have omitted or mis-remembered something about the weekend.  I'd love to hear what the rest of you have to say about your experiences, so please step in.

ProfStokes

Offline VAM

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Adding to my canvas of life...
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2002, 10:53:30 AM »

I've just posted the second part of my report.  You can access it through the original link (just scroll down) or you can visit my new Tarrytown web site (designed and established by the generous and talented victoriawinters [hello])  The site will feature the complete report of events as well as some of my pictures from the weekend.

ProfStokes

SUPER JOB BY YOU AND VICTORIAWINTERS ![thumb]

It is a good day because I am still ticking!

Offline Josette

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2002, 11:07:03 AM »
Stupendous!  That's not only a wonderful site you have, and the event sounds so interesting and all of the ladies' comments, but once again I'm in amazement at your memory!!  How DO you recall all of those details?!!!!
Josette

Offline VAM

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Adding to my canvas of life...
    • View Profile
Re: Vam in costume at Halloween party
« Reply #44 on: October 31, 2002, 08:42:45 PM »
Hey Bob, is there a way I can get a copy of the photo of Lara and I (in costume)?  I like the one you took of us better than the one taken by someone using my camera.
It is a good day because I am still ticking!