Author Topic: Any Mods w/Spare Time...(lol)  (Read 1244 times)

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
Any Mods w/Spare Time...(lol)
« on: November 14, 2005, 01:59:34 AM »
Next time MB has some 'spare' time, could he please somehow? make Robservations easier to manuever around....

If I'm reading eps 361/362, then want to continue, it's nearly impossible to 'find' ep 363....I'll try different pages, etc.

I just tried in the Robservations 'find' key putting in ep 363, which just gave me the ep highlighted.

Thanks,

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Any Mods w/Spare Time...(lol)
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2005, 04:31:41 AM »
If I'm reading eps 361/362, then want to continue, it's nearly impossible to 'find' ep 363....I'll try different pages, etc.

I just tried in the Robservations 'find' key putting in ep 363, which just gave me the ep highlighted.

Hi.  I'm jumping in because MB is incredibly busy this weekend.  Since he's restoring the summaries using the dates on which RobinV originally posted them, they're actually quite navigable. However, you won't find #363 because it's not on the Forums.  He restored #361/362 today because the former is featured in the slide show on the home page.  You might recall that he recently wrote this:
... Currently Eps #75 through #261and #335 through #379 have yet to be added back to the Robservations board. ...

This is why using the next button when #361/362 is open takes you to the Robs for #359/360, but until he restores the next pair of summaries at around the time that #363 becomes a featured ep, using the previous button will take you to #380/381.

Offline Patti Feinberg

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2005, 10:27:36 PM »
Okay...I'll go to a different number.

What you're saying Midnite  :-* is if I was reading ep 712/713, then wanted to read 714/715, I should just click 'next'...right?

Thanks!

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Ian

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2005, 10:37:56 PM »
What you're saying Midnite  :-* is if I was reading ep 712/713, then wanted to read 714/715, I should just click 'next'...right?

I'm pretty sure what she means is that Robin posted her Robservations in the order that she watched she show. Therefore, the most recent episodes are at the beginning. If you want to read about 715, and you're on 714, you'd have to hit "Previous," because it will go back on thread.

Another example. I can prove this one! Say you're reading about episode 3, but you forgot what happened in episodes 1 and 2. You'd have to hit Next to get to that thread because...if you look at the LAST page of threads on that board, you'll notice that 1/2 is LAST on that page.

I hope that made sense. :)

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2005, 12:13:12 AM »
Patti,

Now that you know about them, why not bring up the summaries to see what the buttons do?

Offline Patti Feinberg

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2005, 02:05:39 AM »
Patti,

Now that you know about them, why not bring up the summaries to see what the buttons do?

...Poor Patti...she was so perplexed about what Midnite said, she had to take 3 little pills. She still doesn't know what Midnite meant....poor Patti...

???  ???  ???

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2005, 05:34:47 AM »
Quote from: Patti
so perplexed about what Midnite said

Going back to the beginning, you asked MB to create a shortcut that would get you from the newly restored Robservations #361/362 to 363/364, and I told you that if #363 had been on the board (it is now), you would already be able to get there using the previous button, and to navigate to the episodes before #361/362 you would use the next button.  Then, you asked me:
if I was reading ep 712/713, then wanted to read 714/715, I should just click 'next'...right?
As Ian explained (thanks, hon), that's not right.  So I replied:
which means that now that you've been made aware of the function and convenience of the next and previous buttons, you could search the Robservations board for #712/713, click the next button, and see if the topic that comes up is #714/715.

Sure, it would have been simpler for everybody to have just pointed out your mistake, but isn't it easier to remember something when you've practiced it yourself?  I'm not at all surprised that you confused which to choose, which seemed to me to be an even more compelling reason for you to test the buttons for yourself.

The Testing board is here for members to practice and you're always welcome to try out the available features, and by doing so you can often discover answers on your own.  Sorry you had to take 3 pills.  Next time I'll butt out.   :-