Author Topic: Am I Banned - And If So - Why?!!!  (Read 1068 times)

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Am I Banned - And If So - Why?!!!
« on: March 30, 2002, 02:11:20 AM »
I got an e-mail today from webmaster@dsboards saying that I've been removed from the forum.  It starts to give an explanation, but nothing came through.  I can't imagine any reason why I would be!!! ?!? :o >:(

I immediately forwarded it to Midnite to ask what it means.  But, then I thought I'd try to sign on and see what would happen.  Clearly I was logged on and there's no problem!

I'm assuming it was a mistake, but can't imagine what to think!
Josette

Offline Minja

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Am I Banned - And If So - Why?!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2002, 02:37:11 AM »
Hey Grrlfriend!

They explain it all in the top post of Current Talk!  Sheez, that scared me too!  

[shadow=teal,left,300]Always, Minja[/shadow]
Because I knew you, I have been changed for good.
-From the song "For Good" from "Wicked"

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2002, 02:38:24 AM »
Josette,

Here's the explanation posted by MB on the Current Talk board:

"YaBB released a major upgrade of our system and I created a duplicate copy of the forum in our Web space to test it out before I install it for real. As part of testing out all of the administrative functions, I deleted the duplicate members list without even realizing that the duplicate forum would send everyone a notification that they been removed from the forum. Ooops! :-[

But rest assured that no one has been removed and everyone is still able to do everything they usually do here.

My deepest apologies to everyone and anyone who got upset by that e-mail. But think of it this way, at least Midnite and I know that the forum's mass e-mailing feature works. ;)"

MB also asked that anyone who didn't receive email notification that they'd been removed to please email via MysteriousB@dsboards.com or post under the topic where this appears on the CT board.

Offline Josette

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2002, 05:13:09 AM »
Hi!  As soon as I signed off from here earlier, I found the e-mail reply explaining the situation!  It was certainly very weird to get that.  I've seen a few posts when someone was warned for doing something inappropriate and mention of posts being removed.  So, I was trying to think of everything I said yesterday to try to imagine what could possibly have been that horrible!!! ;D ;D
Josette

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2002, 07:09:26 AM »
I believe we've always issued warnings to posters that have stepped outside the rules of the board.  Banning is reserved for extreme cases-- usually trolling, flaming, or utilizing multiple identities for those purposes.

Our apologies to anyone that may have been offended by one of our recent registrants, who btw is no longer with us.