Author Topic: All New Dark Shadows Forums?  (Read 2227 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: All New Dark Shadows Forums?
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2003, 05:23:01 AM »
Oh, swell.  How's THAT going to work?  Are you going to drag us all into some convention hall and force us to watch videos of their latest "developements"

Hmmm, tempting - but, no. I know whom my potential congregation is. [winkg] But that doesn't mean that I won't mention a few of the advantages Linux holds over Windows whenever the opportunity presents itself. [wink2]

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2003, 05:36:40 AM »

Hmmm, tempting - but, no. I know whom my potential congregation is. [winkg]

waaaaaahhhh!!!! you're all going to leave me behind 'cause I'm a computer dummy :-[

Actually MB...that was something I was going to ask you; when you look at Dell/Gateway/etc, they're always, 'Loaded with Windows XP'...can a person buy a 'puter NOT loaded with your fav...Windows?

Patti....who's getting dumped...cause she's a dummy :'(
What a Woman!

Offline Carol

• * Fiction Filly *
    Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • New York Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2003, 05:55:29 AM »
MB, since I have a Dell computer loaded with Windows XP, do I have to download Linux so that I'll be able to access the new DS Forums?
I'm not computer savvy either so it may be a dumb question. Anytime I ask my brother about computer problems he tells me how dumb I am.
carolinamooon

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream" - Edgar Allan Poe

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2003, 05:59:23 AM »
waaaaaahhhh!!!! you're all going to leave me behind 'cause I'm a computer dummy :-[

Don't worry, Patti......you could not POSSIBLY be any less computer literate than I.  I'm serious......no matter how far behind you think you're falling....I'll always be right behind you!! ::)  ;)

raineypark

"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2003, 06:07:27 AM »
MB, since I have a Dell computer loaded with Windows XP, do I have to download Linux so that I'll be able to access the new DS Forums?

No. No one has to worry about anything like that. Things will be exactly as they are now so far as how you access the forum goes.

But if you were to download Linux, install it (it can coexist with Windows on the same hard drive - and a basic setup only takes about 15 minutes to install!), and try it out, you might be pleasantly surprised by what you discover. ;)