Author Topic: Ange & Nick Today - 7/23  (Read 1168 times)

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Ange & Nick Today - 7/23
« on: July 24, 2002, 09:24:53 AM »
I enjoyed today's scenes featuring Angelique and Nicholas. I loved it when Angelique taunted Nicholas about Joe's love for Maggie being stronger than all the vampiric summoning she was able to muster. That smug look on her face was priceless. And I (as corny as it sounds) appreciated Angie's glimmer of decency at her reluctance to destroy Joe.

Do you suppose Lara Parker had the lighting director fired after today's 2nd episode? Sistah looked down-right horrible (as opposed to evil) after Angelique emerged from her coffin. Very bad lighting IMO. (Check it out in today's montage.) I'll assume that the camera man didn't fare any better after she got a look at her close-up. 'Twas not flattering at all. You could practically see into her pores! The scene should have been shot  through gauze to soften the impact. No one should be shot that close.

Has there ever been a DS character more despicable than Nicholas Blair? I can barely stand to watch him! He hasn't a redeemable bone in his body. Simply delicious!

I did find Nicholas's appearance at Maggie's doorstep in the wee hours of the morning totally unbelievable today. I mean that literally. Bad writing in my opinion. After all, his cover is his gentlemanliness. It just didn't make any sense at all to me. I hope they have Maggie tell him off in the next episode. I know I am over-reacting but really! Anything would have been more believable, even a phone call. If this doesn't make Maggie suspicious of him I will sca-ream! [scrm]

Dom

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Ange & Nick Today - 7/23
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2002, 09:32:01 PM »
I did find Nicholas's appearance at Maggie's doorstep in the wee hours of the morning totally unbelievable today. I mean that literally. Bad writing in my opinion. After all, his cover is his gentlemanliness. It just didn't make any sense at all to me. I hope they have Maggie tell him off in the next episode. I know I am over-reacting but really! Anything would have been more believable, even a phone call. If this doesn't make Maggie suspicious of him I will sca-ream! [scrm]

I agree, Dom, and you've probably seen by now that she bought his explanation. ::)  Couldn't they have had Maggie wake up for some other reason, like the thunder, to find Joe gone instead of having Nick show up with his lame "I got a feeling you were in terrible danger" excuse?  Isn't that what phones are for?  If someone wants to make a good impression, I think the only thing worse than showing up early for a date is to show up unexpectedly... especially in the middle of the night, sheesh.  Unless, that is, a girl not only sleeps in full makeup like Maggie does but still has it looking perfect when she wakes up. ;)

And are we supposed to believe she passed the sofa on the way to answering the door but didn't notice it was empty?  Or that a knock can wake her up in another room entirely and then she can have a conversation in the same room as Joe, but none of this would wake him up?  It was all too pat.

And does anyone else think that Maggie was manipulated way too easily into considering that Joe's got somebody on the side?  Okay, obviously I hated everything about those scenes.

Offline MrsJ

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2002, 09:48:52 PM »
It really is great fun watching who will get the upper hand...the Nicholas Blair character adds so much to the show during this time.  Ok, I'll admit he is a bit over the top, but in a refreshing sort of way.  ;)
As for Maggie...she just seems to keep getting dumber and dumber, lol.  She should have up and left with Joe when he offered, and alas, now it is too late.  
Maybe they are priming Maggie to be as clueless as Vicky,

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

since her days in Collinsport are numbered.

MrsJ.

Offline Craig_Slocum

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Cute Craig
    • View Profile
    • Cheryl's Dark Shadows
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2002, 09:50:14 PM »

does anyone else think that Maggie was manipulated way too easily into considering that Joe's got somebody on the side?

Yes, I do but, Joe does have somebody on the side, just not what Maggie thinks. It is in fact worse!
Cheryl,

Craig Slocum's #1 Fan

Offline Dr. Eric Lang

• Senior Poster
  • Julia . . . Julia . . . when you do the experiment
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2002, 09:55:59 PM »

Dom

I'll have to agree, that was some pretty lame writing. This is the sort of the thing that becomes very destructive to characters like Maggie; she looks like a total moron. Hard to believe how sharp she used to be at the beginning of the series, when she so coyly stole Joe away from Carolyn. That Maggie would never have been so clueless.
:P

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2002, 03:39:33 AM »
Do you suppose Lara Parker had the lighting director fired after today's 2nd episode? Sistah looked down-right horrible (as opposed to evil) after Angelique emerged from her coffin. Very bad lighting IMO. (Check it out in today's montage.)

I dunno, but he should have been.  The lighting has been horrid for the past few weeks.  I mean, Frid's hair looked green in a couple of episodes.  

And poor Lara Parker.  Between the nasty dresses they for the most part had her wearing, now they sic the color blind lighting person on her.  Not good.

Luciaphil
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline WileyS

• Junior Poster
  • DS fan and bookaholic :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2002, 10:22:30 PM »
I really enjoy Nicholas Blair in this storyline (which as a whole is one of my least favorite storylines). I agree that the writing in that scene with Maggie was not good at all. I think it's a shame the writers let Maggie get so watered down. Though IMHO she does regain some of her verve during an upcoming storyline.
Wiley S.

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2002, 11:28:44 AM »
 Couldn't they have had Maggie wake up for some other reason, like the thunder, to find Joe gone instead of having Nick show up with his lame "I got a feeling you were in terrible danger" excuse?  Isn't that what phones are for?

Exactley my same thoughts.  Although Im even wondering if Nickolas even owns a phone or is he as backwards as Barnabas when it comes to modern conveinences?
"Calamity Jane"