Author Topic: OT: Llanview in the Afternoon  (Read 552 times)

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
OT: Llanview in the Afternoon
« on: February 09, 2014, 08:43:04 PM »
I just finished reading this which summarizes the history of DS' sister soap OLTL. None of the DS actors are interviewed except for Steve Fletcher who appeared on the NBC version. But there are some things that DS fans might enjoy. Peter Miner was very well liked and respected especially by actors who needed to adapt to the soap medium.
But the bits with Sam Hall are extremely interesting. Sam says that he created the character of Dorian and that he and his wife discovered Judith Light.
He also says that Gordon Russell was an actor when they first met and that Gordon "remained an actor playing a writer all during our years together. He was so busy acting that he couldn't cope with writing."
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Re: OT: Llanview in the Afternoon
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2014, 01:00:49 AM »
In the one interview with Violet Welles that I have been able to find (published by Dale Clark in his fabulous zine INSIDE THE OLD HOUSE back in the 1990s), she speaks of originally being involved with DS as a ghost writer for episodes credited to Gordon Russell.  Gordon has a reputation as one of the better DS writers and I now wonder how often what we thought was Gordon was really Violet--who, to my mind, was perhaps the most sophisticated writer for the show, period.

So, no mention of Grayson or her character, Euphemia Ralston, in that book?  Maybe someday more of Grayson's episodes from that series will be made available.  The show overall frankly has very little appeal to me, but I love watching Grayson do her thing, and Euphemia really was a juicy role for her.

G.