Author Topic: Who's More Tremulous: Mr. Willie Loomis or Deputy Barney Fife?  (Read 778 times)

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
Hey gang,

While watching several of the introductory Barnabas Collins episodes the other day, I was struck at how absolutely fidgety Willie Loomis became whenever he saw Vicki and/or Carolyn schmoozing with Barnabas at the Old House.  I mean, Willie looked like he was going to have kittens, watching his "boss" putting on the charm for those two young women.

Similarly, Deputy Barney Fife always looked as if he was about to have an apoplectic fit whenever he learned from his boss, Sheriff Andy Taylor, that some dangerous, escaped criminal was on the loose.

So, just who is  the jumpier, more Ichabod Crane-like character: Mr. Willie H. Loomis of Collinsport, Maine or Deputy Barney Fife of the Mayberry, North Carolina Police Department?

Bob the Bartender

(Personally, I think that both Willie and Barney are nonpareil nervous Nellies!) [ghost_shocked]

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Who's More Tremulous: Mr. Willie Loomis or Deputy Barney Fife?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2008, 08:05:06 PM »
Tough call. Very tough call, actually. But I think I'm going to have to go with Barney because his fidgeting fits almost seemed like seizures. Willie's were a bit more subtle.

Offline retzev

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2008, 06:21:54 AM »
Fife.

Barney couldn't have endured half the troubles Willie did. Couldn't have remained as cool throughout, either.

"If you've lived a good life and said your prayers every night, when you die you'll go to Collinwood."  - Mark Rainey

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2008, 08:29:00 AM »
Willie's eyes never seemed as if they were going to pop out of their sockets....
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor