Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0003  (Read 719 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0003
« on: September 30, 2019, 03:20:12 PM »
Robservations #3

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0003

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2019, 03:05:23 AM »
It’s interesting how young Nancy Barrett plays Carolyn in her scenes with Vickie and has a vulnerability that she certainly didn’t show in her Blue Whale scenes in prior episodes. Bill Malloy makes his appearance and Roger has some ties with Sam Evans and Burke Devlin.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2020, 07:33:16 PM »
Carolyn meets Vicki. I'm trying to decide if Carolyn is immature or bi-polar? Cute dialogue between the two. It's odd to me that Carolyn's never heard of Burke Devlin. It wouldn't be odd to learn that she'd been sheltered from the goings-on regarding the accident and trial. But unless it all happened over summer vacation surely school would have been abuzz with the gossip or at least whispers and finger pointing. Maggie certainly was aware it.
We meet Bill Malloy. I've never cared for this character. Good actor though. Joe gets to formally meet Burke and Burke sets his plan to destroy the Collins clan into action. I'd like to know who it was that called Burke to warn him that Malloy was on his way. I'm wondering if I'm watching edited episodes. Joe is coming across as a decent guy so far.
There's a word for people like Roger Collins but I can't seem to come up with it. He's certainly unlikable and untrustworthy. And I can't decide if Maggie doesn't like him or if she is just suspicious of him. I don't know if it's the acting or if the writing is to blame. Maybe it's me.
As stated above we now know Maggie's father figures into this mess between Burke and the Collins'. And he doesn't seem to fit into the good side of things.
I wonder at this point if we are supposed to wonder if it's a ghost or know that it's David. Carolyn makes it clear it's David at episode's end.