Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0322  (Read 1104 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0322
« on: June 19, 2007, 07:29:54 PM »

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0322
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2007, 08:06:22 PM »
Such a great episode.  The are so many balls up in the air, we don't know where they are going to fall.  Barnabas trying to decide what to do. Julia and Willie trying to decide how to stop him. Maggie clueless about who is after her.  Julia couldn't play poker witih Barnabas, he bluff better then she does.  She is soooo angry with him, that he lied to her.

What example has Barnabas had in his life of the right thing to do. His father, his mother, Josette, Angelique?? They all took an easy way to get what they want. Josette maybe not as much. Good Show.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2007, 02:15:26 AM »
I wish they hadn't dumbed Julia down for these few episodes.  It doesn't ring true.  Her obliviousness is needed to help bring Willie to the edge, but surely they could have done it differently?

If I were Maggie, I'm not sure I'd have been comforted when Sam told her, "The woods are swarming with cops.  All hidden, and all there to protect you."  Collinsport's finest have never inspired confidence in me.  I've never seen a Keystone Cops movie, but I've seen The Pirates of Penzance more times than I can count, and I think Collinsport cops would feel right at home knuckling under to the pirates.

I had forgot how unclear the ending of this episode was.  Pretty neat.

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2007, 03:38:59 AM »
Well, you have to admit the police certainly did their job right for once when they shot the man breaking into Maggie's room....but then again, they did wind up shooting the wrong man. Okay, I give up....the Colllinsport Cops are definitely incompetent. ;)

I brought it up in a previous thread that Willie has known Barnabas a bit longer than Julia and is able to conclude that once Barnabas has made up his mind to do something, no one was going to talk him out of it, not Willie, not Julia, not anyone.

Still, I think Julia should have been a bit more wary too.

Great episode.

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2007, 06:47:39 AM »
once Barnabas has made up his mind to do something, no one was going to talk him out of it, not Willie, not Julia, not anyone.

I know you haven't been around,  but you forgot Sarah can stop him, she's only almost 10 plus some years in her new state.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2007, 02:36:04 PM »
You're right, Sarah is the only one who seems to be able to stop Barnabas from killing people. She's his Achilles' Heel.....twice already she stopped him from killing Maggie and David.

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2007, 09:40:27 AM »
Wow!  Such a suspenseful episode! [shkdg]  Julia tried to stop Barnabas, but the only one who could stop him was Sarah. [winkg]  Willie was agonizing over the people (especially Maggie) who he thought Barnabas would kill. [sad3] Kudos to JK for his acting - he did (that trembling cheek thing) again - I love it when he does that! [bigok] That ending should have been on a Friday show!  I remember, when I first saw this episode, wanting to know who was shot!  Lucky for us, we only had to wait until the next day to find out - that was long enough!  [hdscrt]  Great acting by all!  [toothy1]  Two of the cops even got lines!  [thumb]

----- Sally -----

[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]