Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0425  (Read 836 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0425
« on: March 31, 2013, 04:16:18 PM »
Robservations #425

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0425

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 06:49:20 PM »
One of Barnabas's last links to his former humanity is brutally severed in this tragic episode.

Poor Ben does his best to try to warn everyone, but it just isn't quite enough.

Outstanding work by all in the final terrible scene.

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 07:59:25 PM »
The opening scene is creepy, Ben making two coffins, one for Barn & one for Josette. When Ben realizes one casket is for Josette he's creeped out too. Ben - still the voice of the audience - the voice of reason. Thayer & Ben are great in the beginning scene. Barn threatening Ben is disgusting to me. Desperate times call for desperate measures - for both Barn & Ben.

The prophecy starts. Josette loses the ring, breaking glass, a storm starts, etc. And yet Josette starts to freak. I guess I am not made to understand exactly what is going on with Josette. Is she falling in and out of a spell? Between Angelique's spell and Barnabas' vampire thrall and everything in between - I guess any explanation is possible.

I like Ben refusing payment for helping Barnabas by making the coffins. Is this the first time we see Widows Hill in 1795? So, our dear victimized Josette dies without ever knowing it was Angelique that has been betraying her since her arrival in Collinsport? That blows, big time.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2013, 08:05:00 PM »
Farewell, Josette.  The big scene seemed a bit awkward and blunt, considering its importance.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2013, 08:09:59 PM »
Yes, rather anti-climatic in a sense. I admit that the thought of Barn catching Josette by the collar with his cane was one thought of mine, and of course the typical "Don't let go!" and her hand slipping from his. It almost looked like he caused her to fall - the idiot.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2013, 08:11:00 PM »
"Awkward and blunt": True, but subtlety never has been Angelique's strong suit.

Did Josette really die not knowing that Angelique had betrayed her? I wonder about that. Angelique shows Josette her ultimate fate as a vampire, but Angelique wouldn't know about it unless she was responsible. Although, in any case, by now Josette was not thinking clearly, if at all, so she probably didn't connect the dots.

Barn, his humanity rapidly eroding, threatens Ben for a second time. Nice observation about Ben being our stand-in and conscience, dom.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2013, 04:44:22 AM »
Bararabas sounds cold towards Ben and threatens him when he should be thankful. The head appears again and tells Ben to finish the coffins. Josette is awake and strong nothing like the previous episode where she was out of it and limp. Barnabas' voice talks to her as the music box plays and lures her to widows Hill. The head appears in Josettes empty room and then at the hill shows her as a vampire. Angelique cackles as she falls. Why has Barnabas not warned Josette about Angelique? It seems that it might be important and was.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times