Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0420  (Read 922 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0420
« on: March 23, 2013, 04:50:50 PM »
Robservations #420

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0420

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2013, 04:53:09 PM »
Nathan spots Barnabas in the woods.

Josette is wearing a peach-colored nightgown and lavender robe.

Arriving at Collinwood, the blond, blue-eyed Suki has girded herself for battle in a very pale yellow gown under a slightly darker coat with points on the hem and blue velvet trim, and a tall, wide-brimmed Incroyable-style pale yellow hat with big, bright blue and yellow feathers. It's very fetching and also goes with her husband's blue and buff naval uniform. Coincidence or what? She and Nathan have a hilarious fight. Nathan says he really cares for Millicent, but Suki knows he's much fonder of her money. This loving conversation comes to an abrupt conclusion when Millicent returns with the tea. Suki is no fool and can see that not only is Millicent a complete innocent, she's really in love with Nathan. Millicent announces that she and Nathan are engaged. Suki pretends to be happy for her and offers congratulations.

Meanwhile, Barn no longer can resist temptation and bites Josette very gently. A very nice scene!

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2013, 03:26:34 PM »
In Nancy Barrett's VO, she states that the early history of the Collins family is an evil reign of terror destined to go on through all of eternity!   Naw, Joshua's gotta die someday...   Cool it with the hyperbole, geez...   Whose reign is it, King Barnabas's?   Crowned Head Ang?

How'd Vicki know which of the million bedrooms in Collinwood her family history would be in?  ***   Insane Suki hat!!!   Incroyable is right!   She and Millicent should have a using-hats-to-pretend-to-be-tall competition.   Nathan has a near-coronary....  Unconvincing bite (of Josette).
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2013, 04:56:34 PM »
Speaking of the biting of Josette, wouldn't that actually run counter to Angelique's curse? I know she said that Barn would have his "precious Josette--but not in the way you would have chosen." But they would be together for all eternity and presumably a happy (if vampiric) couple. But wasn't Angelique's intention for Barn to be miserable?

Just wondering….

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2013, 05:44:11 PM »
That always seems to be an Ang blind spot.   She also has it with Roxanne in 1840.   If I had to male sense of this, I'd say that Angelique knew enough not to expect the whole thing to be a smooth, happy, unrocky transition.   At best it would involve death, shame, secrecy, preying on innocent people.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2013, 03:06:18 PM »
I'd say that Angelique knew enough not to expect the whole thing to be a smooth, happy, unrocky transition.   At best it would involve death, shame, secrecy, preying on innocent people.

Yes, MT, she never does learn to think ahead. Just another typical day in the Angelique universe!  [snow_smiley]

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2013, 05:50:08 AM »
Sukey seems well dressed as per Dark Lady's description for someone who was abandoned and has no money. Nathan and Sukey see Barnabas at different times as he skulks around Collinwood hoping to spy Josette and then decides he must see her despite vows to stay away.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2013, 03:39:47 AM »
I liked the pre title opening scene. I like ordinary sometimes. Josette's nightwear makes me crave colorful gummy candy, like jelly beans.

It's kind of cool to hear Josette's ghost music played while watching the living Josette. Has anyone given any thought as to why the ghost of Josette protects Vicki in the future?

Suki is as well-endowed as her 'brother', and I'm not talking about her beauty mark, lol. I keep picturing Diana Millay in the Suki role. I held a nice grin at Nathan's expense when Millicent announced her wedding plans to Suki.

Stupid Barnabas for looking into the drawing room windows. Stupid Barnabas for showing up in Josette's room. Stupid Josette for saying all the right/wrong things. I wonder if Josette tastes like candy.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2013, 04:30:45 AM »
Has anyone given any thought as to why the ghost of Josette protects Vicki in the future?

I wonder if Josette tastes like candy.

I think Josette's ghost didn't know Vicki and so didn't consider her a witch, because when Vicki went back in time, she changed the timeline.

chuckle re candy....

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2013, 07:58:33 AM »
Oh, yeah. I keep forgetting. I think I might be getting bored.