Author Topic: The items they need  (Read 1300 times)

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
The items they need
« on: July 21, 2002, 07:02:36 AM »
One does have to wonder about all the strange items these people need.  A frequent one is a coffin!  There was a separate discussion about Tom's.  But, what I wonder, is that he was originally buried in a nice coffin, which Barnabas and Willie dug up and found empty.  Where did he instantly find this other one to use?

But, what really gets me, any time it comes up, but particularly during a modern-day time period like this part, is the silver bullets.  Barnabas casually mentions that he went into town and took a silver candlestick and had it made into silver bullets.  Can't you just imagine the scene when he's requesting that?!!!

Josette

Offline kuanyin

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: The items they need
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2002, 07:40:13 AM »
Yes, he mentions it as though he had ordered sheets and towels! I have never understood that if silver works against vampires why Barney likes his silver headed cane?
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton

Offline ProfStokes

• * Ingenious Intellect *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2002, 07:49:09 AM »

But, what really gets me, any time it comes up, but particularly during a modern-day time period like this part, is the silver bullets.  Barnabas casually mentions that he went into town and took a silver candlestick and had it made into silver bullets.  Can't you just imagine the scene when he's requesting that?!!!

I asked myself the same thing when I saw that episode. Don't the local silversmiths become curious when somebody in the Collins family requests silver bullets every century?  There must be records of those orders kept over the years.

ProfStokes

Offline Bj

• Junior Poster
  • I've always been quite fond of you, Liz...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2002, 08:08:16 AM »

Well, since the Lone Ranger tv show was popular in the 60's, I imagine Barnabus explained he was a fan of the masked avenger and merely wanted the bullets to match the new pearl-handled six-shooters he recently acquired. ::);)
Jason: "There's just one thing I don't understand..."
Willie: "I didn't do it -- I swear!"

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2002, 09:14:52 AM »
I asked myself the same thing when I saw that episode. Don't the local silversmiths become curious when somebody in the Collins family requests silver bullets every century?  There must be records of those orders kept over the years.

LOL!!  I thought the same thing but I guess with the Collins money being offered, these Silversmiths are probaby just as happy to turn the other cheek whenever a member of the Collins family comes in to pay such a visit. ;)

Hey, I wondered too where Tom managed to find that old shack there in the woods that just somehow managed to have an old coffin stacked inside it.  How very convienient. [hdscrt]
"Calamity Jane"

Offline TERRY308

• Senior Poster
  • The real Mrs. Collins.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2002, 05:52:48 PM »
You guys are forgetting one thing....this is Collinsport.
Cassandra:  I have a potion.  You know it well.  As soon as she drinks it, within an hour, she will go to sleep and have the dream.
Nicholas:  I am much to talented to spend my time drugging drinks.

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2002, 06:56:45 PM »
Guys, this is Barbabas we're talking about here....he's 200 years old, remember?

Where do you think he got his shot (didn't call them bullets then) 200 years ago?  The gun shop at Wal-Mart?

Men made their own shot....and if they could melt and form lead, why couldn't they melt and form their own silver?

Rainey, who has Revolutionary and Civil War Re-enactors among her friends....(and you guys think YOU'RE obsessive!!)  ::)
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Josette

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2002, 05:28:36 AM »
Men made their own shot....and if they could melt and form lead, why couldn't they melt and form their own silver?

Fine - if he had said that he melted it down and made the bullets it would have made a lot more sense - but he DID say he took it to town and had them do it.  I'd still like to see the reaction to that request - when I asked my aunt what she would do if someone came with that request, she said - call the police!
Josette