Author Topic: HAPPY THANKSGIVING ALL /OT  (Read 3589 times)

Connie

Re: HAPPY THANKSGIVING ALL /OT
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2002, 09:28:40 AM »
.....and that no one ELSE ended up in the local Emergency Room getting stitches in Hubby's elbow because he slipped and fell on his mother's ceramic tile kitchen floor!

OMG - that's horrible!  (He should sue)  LOL
Nothing dramatic for our Thanksgiving.  Ate, played a couple hands of poker, then promptly went and fell asleep on my mother's bed while everyone else gambled the night away.
My brother deep-fried a turkey.  Huh?  [hdscrt]
It was weird - outside in the bitter cold with this deep fryer hooked up to a propane tank.

love
CLC

Offline Cassandra

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2002, 10:44:17 AM »
Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving.....and that no one ELSE ended up in the local Emergency Room getting stitches in Hubby's elbow because he slipped and fell on his mother's ceramic tile kitchen floor!

No fractures, so I guess we had something to be thankful for after all!! ::)

raineypark

Oh my goodness Rainey, that's terrible!  (It's a good thing it wasn't his leg or ankle though.)  I could just imagine how your Mother in law felt.  I hope you at least got to eat something in between all of this.

One of my sister's and her hubby were up visiting from Georgia so I had a pretty busy day.  Thank goodness it's just once a year!!

Cassandra[/font]

"Calamity Jane"

Offline Teresa

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2002, 04:36:35 PM »

My brother deep-fried a turkey.  Huh?  [hdscrt]
It was weird - outside in the bitter cold with this deep fryer hooked up to a propane tank.

love
CLC

That must be pretty popular this year. I have had so many people tell me they were having a deep-fried turkey.
I did not have any turkey but made up with all the other stuff so it's off to the gym to try and get rid of some of it.
" Some day we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny"

Offline ROBINV

• ** Robservationist **
  • Senior Poster
  • The Write Stuff
    • View Profile
    • Personal site of Robin Vogel
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2002, 04:41:30 PM »
I hope everyone had a super Thanksgiving and doesn't need giant-sized Tums today!!  

I do wish we'd been treated to a few normal scenes of everyone seated around a dining room table: Hallie provocatively gobbling a drumstick (think TOM JONES) across from David, Quentin indulging in an "all-liquid" meal while Julia, gazing adoringly at Barnabas over her yams, gives him her tight-lipped, "All that drinking isn't good for you, Quentin," look!

Roger carving the turkey, smiling at his family; Liz looking regal, as always, pouring extra gravy over Mrs. Johnson's walnut stuffing; Barnabas, grateful to be curse-free, barely stopping between bites to breathe because everything tastes SO DELICIOUS; Carolyn, still depressed over losing Jeb, picking at her food while Buzz stares at her with love as he forks peas into his mouth, one at a time.

A supernatural-free Thanksgiving at Collinwood, yeah, that would have been nice!

Love, Robin  

Offline Mark Rainey

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Realm
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2002, 07:14:28 PM »
Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving.....and that no one ELSE ended up in the local Emergency Room getting stitches in Hubby's elbow because he slipped and fell on his mother's ceramic tile kitchen floor!

Umm, Raineypark, haven't I warned you about wrestling in the kitchen? There's turkey enough for everyone; you don't have to fight for it. Please do NOT whoop your husband and send him to the emergency room when you're in someone else's home. It could be construed as bad manners.

;)

--M[/color]

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2002, 08:49:18 PM »
Umm, Raineypark, haven't I warned you about wrestling in the kitchen? There's turkey enough for everyone; you don't have to fight for it. Please do NOT whoop your husband and send him to the emergency room when you're in someone else's home. It could be construed as bad manners.

Not My Fault!!  I didn't tell him to take his shoes off, I was standing across the room dividing up left-overs, and mostly we were grateful he didn't land on his sister's little dog!  ::)

He's perfectly fine now...just a few stitches...thanks everyone ;)

raineypark

"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Birdie

• Senior Poster
  • And her little dog too
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2002, 09:42:26 PM »
Rainey,
         Not a fun a trip to the ER.  Glad to know he is fine.
We had a wonderful Thainksgiving.  My mother did a great job on the turkey and she was so pleased that she hosted.  My mother 75 and myself than brought a Thanksgiving dinner to the Doctor who delivered me 45 years ago.  He also delivered the rest of my siblings.  He is well over 90 and as sharp as a tack.  
         On to my husbands side for yet another kitty whist marathon.  I think this is the game the Collins played.  
          Yesterday shopping till I dropped but oh did I get a lot done. Hurrah!  Today we start to decorate but at a very slow speed.  

The very tired Birdie
Birdie--
God please put your arm around my shoulder and your hand across my mouth

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2002, 09:58:21 PM »
On to my husbands side for yet another kitty whist marathon.

I hope that isn't like kitten poker!  (;) to the Buffy fans)

Offline Annie

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2002, 11:13:16 PM »
[wavey] [wavey]  Hello Raineypark glad to hear
your hubby is better and that he did not too
injured.         Love Anne
"Never Give Up On Your Dreams "I Didn't So Don't
You"    By Barry Manilow

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2002, 02:19:38 AM »
Hey Rainey glad to hear that your husband is better
and didn't break anything! i worked on call last eve
in my recovery room and boy was i buy with Fractures!
this weird Nov weather and ice really did a number
on people!
glad to hear you did well Birdie iwas at Toyrus at 6am
(tired doesn't even begin to explain how i feel now)
only needed one toy but stopped at K B and the store was so packed you couldn't get in! went home and
will try another day NOTHING is that good a bargain!
Heehee!
my mother is 73 and she cooked a big meal too
Kitty whist is my game we used to play it in college(lLike
Hearts of Atlantis) and have contests we later switched to Hearts and luckily none of us flunked out !

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Birdie

• Senior Poster
  • And her little dog too
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2002, 03:01:26 AM »
Jennifer, you would fit in just fine in the hubby's family.  If they don't have enough people for kitty whist groups hearts or spades are played.  Let me tell you it can get scary. My kids have become card sharks.  After a glass or two of wine somehow I lose count of the tricks. hehe.  
Somehow in the madness between my husband and myself we managed to pick up 4 copies of Monster's Inc.   We have to return two of them.  
I am almost done with the shopping!

Midnite, can you believe I have never seen Buffy.  When we get a DVD player I am going to borrow my friends 1st and 2nd years and get with the program

Birdie
Birdie--
God please put your arm around my shoulder and your hand across my mouth