Author Topic: DS DVD Collection Two  (Read 1115 times)

Offline Bj

• Junior Poster
  • I've always been quite fond of you, Liz...
    • View Profile
DS DVD Collection Two
« on: July 22, 2002, 01:56:32 AM »
Found this from MPI in my e-mail today:

Dark Shadows DVD Collection Two is being released on August 27th!  This title is now available for pre-order from the Dark Shadows DVD web site:

http://www.darkshadowsdvd.com

Through this site, Dark Shadows DVD Collection Two will be available with an exclusive offer.  Order the DVD collection for $59.98 & receive a Dark Shadows Magnetic Clipboard free with every Volume you purchase.  Pre-orders will begin shipping as early as August 14th, so be sure to get your order in early!

DVD Collection Two is jammed packed with over 14 hours of Dark Shadows episodes. This includes episodes 251 - 290 and special bonus material featuring interviews with actors and series creator Dan Curtis.

This may be a bit more expensive than other sites/places, but for those of you who can't wait, you just might receive your set two weeks early. :)
Jason: "There's just one thing I don't understand..."
Willie: "I didn't do it -- I swear!"

Offline Karen_#2

• Junior Poster
  • "WHOA CAMEL! WHOA!! When I say whoa, I mean WHOA!!
    • View Profile
Re: DS DVD Collection Two
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2002, 02:15:51 AM »
I think you can pre order it on Amazon for $44.95 + s/h. I'll take the $15 savings and wait until it's released  ;D

K#2
"The Collins blood always had a rather....persistant strength"                       Barnabas to Elizabeth  1967

Offline LdyAnne

• Full Poster
  • DS fan since 1967- run home from school kid
    • View Profile
    • Central Florida Dark Shadows Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2002, 05:02:13 AM »
I used CD Universe to preorder and pd 46.99 including shiping and handling. I got Vol 1 about 2 days after posted release date.
Very satisfied with them.

Ldyanne

Offline Raholt

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2002, 09:36:12 AM »
And now DS DVD  Vol 3 is listed on Amazon and can be pre-ordered.  Date of release Sept 24th.

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
  • Even the name reeks of Ohrbach's!
    • View Profile
    • Criseyde's David Selby Site
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2002, 07:48:15 PM »
And let me add a rather shameless plug here.

For anyone who plans to buy the DVDs through Amazon.com, please consider doing so via the links on your favorite Dark Shadows web site. The price stays the same for you, but the webmaster will rack up a referral fee for the sale, which is always a good thing when it comes time to pay the bills for web space and domain names and overpriced graphics editing software.  ;)  Contrary to rumor, I don't get paid for my sites and neither do most webmasters of your favorite DS sites.

All of my sites are part of the Amazon.com Associates Program, and I know Stuart's Dark Shadows Journal Online is as well. There are other DS sites that also participate.

And on the subject of MPI, for anyone who's not seen me rant about this before, they also have a referral program; however, they have conveniently excluded the Dark Shadows DVDs from it by redirecting visitors to a separate DVD site. So, if you buy the Dark Shadows DVDs via a link on someone's site, be aware that the webmaster isn't getting jack for sending you to MPI.

Their remedy for this little loophole is to advise webmasters to direct people elsewhere if they wish to earn referral fees for the DVDs. Consider yourselves directed.  ;D

Dark Shadows Alumni Movies (Includes a DS News page.)

Offline Stuart

• Full Poster
  • Can you smell chips?
    • View Profile
    • Dark Shadows Journal Online
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2002, 08:23:59 PM »
Thanks Criseyde -- a lot of the bigger DS sites, including mine, are hosted on paid servers, which come out of our pockets, so Amazon Associates is a real godsend.  It costs the purchaser nothing, and offers us a vital form of income to continue celebrating "Dark Shadows" with fans on the internet :)

And, of course, the DVDs are pretty amazing too... ;)
http://darkshadowsnews.blogspot.com | The Dark Shadows News Page
http://www.collinwood.net | Visit the Dark Shadows Journal Online

Offline Darren Gross

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2002, 04:49:31 AM »
I'd like to throw my hat into the ring here and also point out that these can also be ordered through links via my restoration website. :D

Any sales money goes towards keeping the site up and helps pay for further research and restoration work.

International phone calls, faxes and days taken off of work to examine print elements all have their costs. These funds go toward that...If you have another DVD retailer you prefer, please let me know, I'm going to expand the links to cover a few other DVD-retailers.

Thanks!
Darren

ClaudeNorth

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2002, 05:53:44 AM »
I recommend dvdplanet.com for all your DVD needs.  They offer a 30% discount on pre-orders, and all discs are discounted.  I've ordered many items from them and never had a problem.

Regards,

John