Author Topic: ShadowGram #159 / merged w/ ShadowGram's Obituary for Craig...What is up here?  (Read 16574 times)

Offline Phoebe

• Junior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
  Castlebee is so right. Three years ago I lost a dear friend of 30 years to Ovarian Cancer. I went to the Dr after that every 6 months. Sadly, I had to have a hysterctomy in May and I am still having alot of problems. My colon was tested and now tomorrow I need a sonogram. These tests are out there please do them. I think everyone, especially women should have a CA-125 blood test for women type cancer's every year. Also did you know that if your mother had Ovarian cancer and you are male you have a higher risk of getting Colon cancer. Craig's mother did have Ovarian cancer, thankfully she is alive and well. The Dr's will fight you on this but demand it, I did.  I have learned lately that you have to be your own doctor sometimes.

Janet

Offline jennifer

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
Castlebee is so right. Three years ago I lost a dear friend of 30 years to Ovarian Cancer. I went to the Dr after that every 6 months. Sadly, I had to have a hysterctomy in May and I am still having alot of problems. My colon was tested and now tomorrow I need a sonogram. These tests are out there please do them. I think everyone, especially women should have a CA-125 blood test for women type cancer's every year. Also did you know that if your mother had Ovarian cancer and you are male you have a higher risk of getting Colon cancer. Craig's mother did have Ovarian cancer, thankfully she is alive and well. The Dr's will fight you on this but demand it, I did.  I have learned lately that you have to be your own doctor sometimes.
i agree janet and hope you are feeling better i fought to have surgery in 2004 after a hysterectomy and they found a problem and fixed it
have felt better since so continue to demand what you feel you need
too bad the insurance companies also fight it and refuse to pay for a lot of these tests before certain ages(and they get pricey)
take care
jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Phoebe

• Junior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
 Yes! my insurance company is giving me problems with my MRI's. Because I have had so many tests they want to know what the DR is looking for. I think it is cleared up, but meanwhile I go another week in pain and not knowing what is wrong with me. And I am the one that asked for all these tests, I did the research and I am ruling out things. My Dr just writes the prepscription for the tests and drugs.

Janet