Poll

Which of the following present time DS women can be characterized as IMmature in personality?

Elizabeth Collins Stoddard.
Carolyn Stoddard Hawkes.
Victoria Winters Clark.
Maggie Evans.
Julia Hoffman.
Cassandra.
Eve
Megan Todd
Angelique Rumson
Olivia Corey
Roxanne Drew
Sarah Johnson
Daphne Harridge
Madame Janet Findley

Author Topic: DS women of present time.  (Read 2555 times)

Offline Misa

• Full Poster
  • Is that you, Mr. Juggins?
    • View Profile
Re: DS women of present time.
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2005, 08:32:25 AM »
They would have had time to get someone good if they wanted to recast him.

So yes, rather then having Peter show up and think he's Jeff, but has amnesia, I would have liked them to bring Burke back.

They never explained about who Jeff Clark was. Was he someone whom Peter possessed? And what about what Dr. Lang said about him having killed someone or something? I can't remember exactly what it was. But I remember he said something about him having been a patient in a mental hospital for the criminally insane.

If Peter was simply possessing someone, how did he happen to find someone that looked just like he did?

Misa

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2005, 06:39:40 PM »
good question misa.

they never really did explain who jeff clark was.vicki nearly ran him down very shortly after she returned to the present from 1795.but according to dr.lang jeff had been in his employ for some time and before that he was in some sort of institution for the criminally insane.so all this had been happening to jeff while peter was still alive in 1795?since vicki had only been in the past for minutes in the present was jeff in collinsport before the seance?would their meeting have had any signifigance if it happened before her trip to the past?

also they have jeff/peter return to the past during the betsy durkin episodes.i wonder if they knew it wasn't working out and just needed to wrap the character and the storyline up(with assurances to roger davis he would be almost immediately brought back as another character).if alexandra hadn't left i wonder if jeff would have remained in the present or if his departure was inevitable?
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2005, 03:07:57 AM »
They never explained about who Jeff Clark was. Was he someone whom Peter possessed?

Yes, he was.  In the same scene in which Stokes sarcastically asked Barnabas if he thought him some sort of travel agent through time, Stokes said he had given Jeff's situation a great deal of thought before arriving at his theory that a man living the present named Jeff Clark became possessed by the spirit of Peter Bradford, and when Peter was pulled back to his own time the borrowed body was returned to whatever part of the world it was from.  (#660)  And as a friend recently shared with me, Stokes' theories were often used on DS to to neatly tie up loose ends and are often the closest things to facts that we get.  :)

And what about what Dr. Lang said about him having killed someone or something? I can't remember exactly what it was. But I remember he said something about him having been a patient in a mental hospital for the criminally insane.

Lang told him that he had strangled 3 women, but Jeff eventually broke into his records in order to read his own file and saw the words "No homicidal tendencies."  (#487)  Soon after, Jeff told Vicki that Lang lied in order to keep a hold on him.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2005, 02:03:39 AM »
And besides Stokes' explanation, I completely forgot:

Ep #650 - Peter explains that Vicki really did marry him and that his spirit was allowed to exist
inside a man named Jeff Clark's body for a while before he had to return to his own time.

Funny how some of us do remember Stokes' theory but we completely forgot about Peter's own explanation. Now, I wonder just why THAT is?   [santa_wink]  [santa_grin]

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2005, 03:34:22 AM »
Funny how some of us do remember Stokes' theory but we completely forgot about Peter's own explanation. Now, I wonder just why THAT is?

Heh, heh.  I thought I remembered Jeff, er, Peter saying it, then assumed I was mistaken when I couldn't find it.  I thought the conversation took place on their wedding night (before he disappeared), but now I realize I was off by several eps.  Thanks, MB!